• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Any way to auto-check in files to SharePoint when publishing from RH9?

New Here ,
Oct 28, 2011 Oct 28, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi -

Just experimented with publishing WebHelp output to a company SharePoint server. After figuring out issues with the path and directory names - all files successfully copied over.

Now I am faced with individually checking in 500 files for reviewers to see them. What a PIA!

Is there any tip/trick for bulk-checking in files. I assume the MOSS 2007 server administrator has the power to bulk-check in all files in a directory, but unfortunately I'm not the server admin.

Any way of specifying it in RoboHelp directly? (so that files are automatically checked into SP when they are published).

Thanks,

Geo.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Participant , Oct 28, 2011 Oct 28, 2011

You (or someone with the correct permissions) could disable version control on that specific sharepoint library. I'm assuming you are not using sharepoint as source control for the project only as a means for distributing the content to people.

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perhaps a more pertinent question would be "do I have to check in every file for a user to see it?"

For example, even if a RH output generates 500 files, can I only generate the projects index/launch file (index.htm - assuming), and will they end up seeing the entire project?

Do I have to check in all the script files, graphic files, etc - or is just the face that the RH launch page knows all applicable links - enough to view the entire project (even though all the various sharepoint files don't appear to the user in the "Directory" view)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You (or someone with the correct permissions) could disable version control on that specific sharepoint library. I'm assuming you are not using sharepoint as source control for the project only as a means for distributing the content to people.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp