• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Generating build with relative path

New Here ,
Oct 28, 2011 Oct 28, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am generating a build of Robo Help 8 and I am workin on a copy of it on the company's network drive.  However when I do this it is saving the path of some of the items and they are not coming across.  I have copied and save my entire working folder to a server location.  When I look at the properties of the help it is pointing to my local network drive.  How do I build this project that resides on a server to have relative paths so whether or not you are on the network you will be able to see the data?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 28, 2011 Oct 28, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Seeing as how you are working from the server, I'm surprised this is the ONLY problem you are seeing. If you poke around these forums at all you will discover loads of posts with all manner of issues that stem from working with projects while they are on a server.

The first step is to copy the project to your local drive and work on it only from there.

Also, you should probably read the following links.

Click here

And Click here

Then come back with more information and we can help you isolate what may be happening.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

RoboHelp Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Begin learning RoboHelp HTML 7, 8 or 9 within the day!

Adobe Certified RoboHelp HTML Training

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 03, 2011 Nov 03, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using RoboHelp HTML VR 8 on a pc.  I am working locally on a copy of my robohelp.  The link that the help button looks at is on a server so that people inside and outside of our network are able to access the help.  When I generate my help it looks awesome internally but when people are not on our network some images and data are not able to be seen because it is saving the path of these files to my local.  I have made a copy of the whole working folder and placed it on the server but that doesn't seem to be helping. I am not very good with creating web apps so I don't know what other information to give you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 04, 2011 Nov 04, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

So what exactly did you link to? Did you link to images that are stored on your local computer? Are you linking to resources that are only available in your internal network?

Normally you would add required resources in the RoboHelp project so that they will be copied to the output, or you would use absolute links such as http://www.example.com/image.png. (There may be exceptions to this rule, for instance with merged projects.)

Greet,

Willam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 04, 2011 Nov 04, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

path.pngI am creating my help project on my i: drive which only my department has access to.  I am copying and generating to a server path.  I copy the whole working folder to this server path so that all data in there can be viewed internally or externally.  Once the project is generated when I access it from my app and right click on SOME of the pages and click properties it is saving the path as the local path I have used to create it.  That is the example of the picture I have inserted.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 07, 2011 Nov 07, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

As Rick pointed out, copy the project to your local disk if you want to work with it. If the project is placed on a network drive, you may seriously wreck the project.

Are the pages with the local path part of the RoboHelp project? It seems to me that you have linked to files outside of your project. Otherwise RoboHelp would include those pages in your output. Can you locate the file mentioned in the picture inside your topic list?

Greet,

Willam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 10, 2011 Nov 10, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I can access the information in the file mentioned in the topic list internally but because of it saving this path external users cannot see this information.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

First, make a backup of your project. Then copy the project to you C:\ drive.

Perhaps the space in your directory name is causing trouble. Open the project and rename the directory "GIS Viewer" to "GIS_Viewer". Generate and check whether the problem is solved.

A more adventures route for if the previous method did not work:

1. Close RoboHelp.
  2. In your project directory, go to the directory GIS Viewer\Layers\
  3. open Layers.fpj with notepad.
  4. Do you see any absolute paths in this file? If you do, remove the paths so only the file names show.
  5. Save the file.
  6. Delete the project CPD.
  7. Open the project and generate.

Does this solve it?

Greet,

Willam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I copied it to my C: drive and renamed it and re-generated it and that did not solve anything.  When I opened the .fpj file I saw no absolute paths, this is what I saw:Layers.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 17, 2011 Nov 17, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I found a solution for my problem.  I copied my project to my C: drive and I am now working from there.  I found the problem to be in the hyperlinks in my project.  Once I re-created them they worked fine but possibly from working from the network when I created my hyperlinks it was a problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp