• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

iPhone / iPad does apparantly not accept application after iOS 5 / Cannot install.

Explorer ,
Oct 27, 2011 Oct 27, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Several times before I have managed successfully transfering an application from Flash Builder via iTunes and to an iPhone / iPad. I know I need certificate and a provisioning file but althought I do follow the right flow and without any errors in Flash Builder or iTunes - it all ends when I try synchronizing with my iPhone / iPad. On the screen of the iOS unit I get an error message in Danish which in English says something like that the application cannot be installed.

Maybe I should tell that this is the first time I try transfering an application after upgrading to iOS 5. Can that be the cause? Will a correction come from Adobe?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried creating a new provisioning certificate but with exactly the same result. I have entered exactly the same application id from Apple into Flash Builder and in the correct way. All certificates are still valid. Are there any additional things I can search for in Flash Builder - although it does export for iTunes without a single error message.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

You might, just might have missed some points. Try going through the process again and just follow:

http://www.adobe.com/devnet/air/articles/packaging-air-apps-ios.html

Country-locale maybe... or bundle ID, device ID...

A review must just help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 28, 2011 Oct 28, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Aingel00

It is exactly that description I have used - just to be sure - but strangely I still get the error message described above. Previously I have succeeded in exporting an anplication like this without any problems. Therefore I do not understand why this happens.

Anyway, once again I will review using the document you link to - just to be 110% certain.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 28, 2011 Oct 28, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is really strange. In details i folloed the instructions here once again -> http://www.adobe.com/devnet/air/articles/packaging-air-apps-ios.html#articlecontentAdobe_numberedhea...

Additionally I donwloaded once again my developer certificate and exported it into p12 format. Then I created a new application ID on this form: "com.perbuch.[appl.name]", I used this exact string to update the "id" in the "-app.xml" file.

Then I created a new development provisioning profile based on the above files. Of course I have checked that the UDID of my iPhone 4 is correct in the registered devices.

I dragged the provisioning profile file into the Library section of iTunes.

Now I open the "Export Release Build" in the Flash Builder, updated with the new information and awaited the export to complete. then I dragged the ipa file into the "Library" section of iTunes and sunchronized with my iPhone 4. Unfortunately this completed with the well know error message on the iPhone screen - so status quo.

Can I check any log? - and where can I find it? Any other suggestions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 29, 2011 Oct 29, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now I have tested by creating a tiny Flash Builder project containing a label field only. Trying to export that to my iPhone gives the same error message as previously described.

As I can find no errors in the setup of my certificates and provisioning files - what can I do to get closer to a solution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 02, 2011 Nov 02, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, were you able to identify the reason? I am also facing the same problem. It exports properly from the builder. When I try installing it on the iPhone4 having iOS5, the installation bar goes till the end and finally on the device I see an error message that says "iTunes Sync - Helloworld failed to install."

Note: This is the first time I am trying to do it in flash builder and installing on iPhone. I have already done iPhone projects using xcode though. I have gone through the packaging link and I have done it exactly whats said there.

Few questions in my mind:

1. Do I need to right click on the key and click on EXPORT or do I need to right click on certificate name and click on EXPORT? - I EXPORTed only the key.

2. Should I specify 1234567890.com.domainname.appname or com.domainname.appname - I entered only com.domainname.appname

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 08, 2011 Nov 08, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the link "http://www.adobe.com/devnet/air/articles/packaging-air-apps-ios.html", under "Create a P12 file on Mac OS", it says "Right-click on the private key and select Export.". This is what we did and generated a .p12 file and it didnt work till now. We kept receiving "iTunes sync - Hellowworld failed to install". So this time, I went ahead and right clicked on the certificate name (carrying the pvt key) and exported it. This worked and we were able to install the app to the device.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 21, 2011 Dec 21, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Same problem here...

I do everything correct... recheck the steps, UDID, provsioning profiles, certificates, no sucess. Same problem: Fail to install.

I will try crusardercheetu tip, and hope to bring good news.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines