• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to set mouse cursor location?

New Here ,
Oct 27, 2011 Oct 27, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

our group want to develop a 3D FPS game on flash 11, but how could we make same user experience as Conter-Strike or those classic FPS games without set mouse cursor location?

as I know, both ShockWave and Unity Web Player can lock or set location of  mouse cursor.

we may considering some sercurity issues of open this API, but we are talking about things that desktop apps can do and web apps can not do. If it will be open in the futue, why dont we just open it now?

TOPICS
ActionScript

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 28, 2011 Oct 28, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

use a custom cursor and hide (Mouse.hide() ) the real one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LOL. use a custom cursor and hide the real one? how could that be a solution to get FPS game mouse move event.

the way to rotation camera in a FPS game is by get the mouse move x,y, if the real one is still there at the edge of screen, how can I get that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i have no idea what you're saying and i have no idea what you think if funny.  but i can tell you there's no way to control the mouse cursor in flash.  period.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

so I'm trying to ask adobe for making it possible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Oct 29, 2011 Oct 29, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

wilson, a little courtesy would be nice. you're asking the man for free help with insufficient explanation and in turn you laugh in his face. not cool man, not cool. I had no idea from the first post either.

now I think you want continuous mouse-controlled rotation of the camera, even if your system mouse cursor reaches edge of the swf / screen in fullscreen mode - the cursor stops moving, flashplayer stops dispatching MouseEvents and camera stops rotating. I believe system cursor jumping is not possible due to security issues. imagine annoying banner where your system cursor jumps all over the place. event if they added functionality to jump cursor to  the opposite edge, the user couldnt ever leave the flashplayer area the only possible way is to add it to fullscreen mode.. that might work. but I'm not sure when it will be, maybe flashplayer 15?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

if I turned out to be rude, my aplogy. I am such a emotional man.

the shockwave player and unity web player can do this by a Lock Cursor function. I agreed with u that this could be added to fullscreen mode.

At MAX 2011, Unreal engine announced support flash. Unity3D also annouced that earlier, so do CryEngine. Those 3D engines all show their first demos as FPS game. I wonder how they make it, maybe flash has made a special way for them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you want to ask Adobe to consider doing anything, these user-to-user forums are not the place for it.

Adobe - Wishlist & Bug Report
-----------------------------

http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/mmform/index.cfm?name=wishform

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines