• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Latest Version of Flash Player wont doenload - Setting Manager is open?

New Here ,
Oct 29, 2011 Oct 29, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to install the latest version of Flash player and keep getting an error message stating that the flash player settings manager is open and that I need to close it. I have no adobe products running at all and there does not appear to be an option in the control panel to close the setting manager. Help!!!!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Oct 29, 2011 Oct 29, 2011

I deleted the file FlashPlayerCPLApp from the System32 folder and the problem is still there.  I could not find a

folder for SysWOW64 (maybe because my Windows 7 is for 32 bit?).  Unless there was something else I was

supposed to do, this did not fix the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You mention control panel, so I assume that you are on Windows.

Do you have a file FlashPlayerCPLApp.cpl in either C:\Windows\System32 or C:\Windows\SysWOW64 ?  If so, can you delete that file and try again?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I deleted the file FlashPlayerCPLApp from the System32 folder and the problem is still there.  I could not find a

folder for SysWOW64 (maybe because my Windows 7 is for 32 bit?).  Unless there was something else I was

supposed to do, this did not fix the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you give me the exact message you are getting?

Also, can you post the contents of the FlashInstall.log file from C:\Windows\system32\Macromed\Flash (or attach the file to your forum post)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There are two parallel strings going in this forum on this subject.  On the other string, I gave the information you are

requesting.

I get the 

following message:

You need to upgrade your Adobe Flash Player to watch this video.

Download it from Adobe.

I do not have the Macromed folder on my PC.

There is a proposed fix posted on the other string by someone who spent 15 minutes on the Adobe Chat line

before being referenced to this forum.  The only thing I see different in his proceedure is the unloading and

reloading of the Java Scripts, which I didn't do.  Take a look at his posting and let me know if I should do the

same thing with Java to get my Flash Player to work.

Sherwin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines