• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot get Flash Player to be recognized

Community Beginner ,
Oct 28, 2011 Oct 28, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot get Flash Player 11.0 to be recognized by my web pages trying to display videos in Explorer 9.  This is not a new issue on the forums and I took steps

to condition my PC to fix this.  I turned off Active Filtering.  I verified that the add-on for Flash Player was active.  I verified that the software version 11.0 is

installed.  Despite this, when I try to run a video in Windows 7 and Explorer 9, the programs refuse to proceed until I load the Flash Player.  I cannot find any

work around for this problem.  Any ideas on how to fix this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 28, 2011 Oct 28, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sherwindub wrote:

the programs refuse to proceed until I load the Flash Player.

Sorry, I do not understand this - can you be a little bit more specific?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 29, 2011 Oct 29, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I thought my description was clear.  If I try to view something like a video on say Youtube, it will not play and I get the

following message:

You need to upgrade your Adobe Flash Player to watch this video.

Download it from Adobe.

As I explained, I have already successfully downloaded version 11 from Adobe and made the adjustments to the

add on's and Active X filtering with no changes to this problem.  One thing not mentioned is a reboot.  Is that

necessary for these adjustments to take effect?  It was not mentioned in the previous posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having exactly the same problem and getting no help either.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have also tried REBOOT.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Despite this, when I try to run a video in Windows 7 and Explorer 9, the programs refuse to proceed until I load the Flash Player.

I am not sure what you mean by "until I load the Flash Player".  Are you saying that no flash video will play unless you install the add-on just prior to playing the video?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Flash Player installed on my system.  It says I do not.  I have installed and uninstalled and reinstalled and websites with the Flash Video still say I do not have the Flash.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exactly my experience Lisa.  People on this forum are still dancing around the real problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sherwindub wrote:

People on this forum are still dancing around the real problem.

The real problem is vague descriptions.  It seems that many people expect that we can somehow see what is going on on their computers.  We cannot.  I still don't understand what you mean by "until I load the Flash Player".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 30, 2011 Oct 30, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you check this reply string, you will find I explicitly described the error message:

You need to upgrade your Adobe Flash Player to watch this video.

Download it from Adobe.

It's very simple.  I cannot view videos because the web programs are not seeing my Adobe

Flash Player 11.  I have reloaded it several times and repeatedly get this same error message.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI Sherwin - You are explaining your problem very clearly - I have no idea why the person with an upside down name can't understand you.

Lisa

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So you are getting a message to DOWNLOAD Flash Player instead of a message to LOAD Flash Player,  Two very different meanings.

Go to this site:

http://www.adobe.com/software/flash/about/

What is your version number?

Press Alt and X, click Manage Add-ons, look in Currently loaded add-ons and All add-ons, is the Schockwave Flash Object enabled?

Press Alt and X, pointer on Safety, is ActiveX filtering unchecked?

Press Alt and X, click Internet options, click Security tab, is the security level for the Internet, Medium-high?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry for being confused by your description; it was simply not clear to me.  The term "load" means something different to me than "install".

Anyway, what Windows 7 edition do you use - 32-bit or 64-bit?

You posted in another topic that you don't have a Macromed folder (under C:\Windows\system32 nor C:\Windows\syswow64?).  I suggest that you try the following:

• go to http://forums.adobe.com/thread/909550
  • download the appropriate uninstaller for your OS edition
  • download the appropriate installer for your OS edition
  • close all browser windows, then run the downloaded uninstaller, followed by the installer

Can you now find folder C:\Windows\system32\Macromed\Flash (and C:\Windows\syswow64\Macromed\Flash if you are on a 64-bit OS), and what do they contain?

Also, can you now see the Flash animation at http://www.adobe.com/software/flash/about/ ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your solution finally worked on my 32 bit Windows 7.   Strangely, I did not find the Macromed Folder in the system32

folder.  The solution was a bit awkward as these installers/uninstallers required internet explorer to be turned off, yet in

trying to run them, they would open up a run window.  Running was out of the question, so I saved them to the hard drive

and ran them from there.  I used the Revo uninstaller which seemed to do a thorough job of cleaning of the Adobe Software, but the installer may have not been correct as indicated on the errors coming from sites like Youtube.  Their

installers were: install_flashplayer11x32ax_gtbp_chra_aih.exe

whereas yours was: install_flash_player_11_active_x_32bit.exe

I have no clue as to what the differences in these two files did to make it work for me.

Thanks for your help,

Sherwin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 31, 2011 Oct 31, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad you could get it to work!

The "aih" installer is a kind of download manager; it usually works fine for most people, but in some cases it simply will not complete the job.

The installer from my link is the full installer, which obviously worked better in your case.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 02, 2011 Nov 02, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Willener ..." It seems that many people expect that we can somehow see what is going on on their computers."  IF Adobe don't than stay away from our computers, constantly pop up of your new version, if Adobe does not support all OS(most issues are with 64 bit, they support 64 bit, but all these issues) than why don't they leave the choice to us, if we want to upgrade. if their software is not compatabile why don't we get error message telling us that new version is not compatabile, instead of messing up our system. I have spent enough time doing research on this flash player and tried every possible way explained in this forum to make it work. But nothing works, leaving me with no choice to buy another computer. But Adobe is now on my bad list, Never ever will touch ADOBE upgrade.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay - just got it going again.  Here is what I did.

1. Uninstalled from the control panel the Adobe Flash and the Java

2. Temporary disabled Norton and Anti-spyware

3.. Reinstalled from the Adobe site the latest Flash for my computer

4. Reinstalled from the Java site the the updated script for IE for my computer

5. Deactivated Active Script

6. Rebooted

7. Reactivated Norton and Anti-spyware

Hope this works.  I had tried all these things before but not in this order.  This was after I sat on an Adobe Chat line for 15 minutes when they told me to come to this forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm glad you got this to work, but I am still skeptible if it will work for me.  One thing puzzles me about your steps is that

you uninstalled Java (the whole thing?) and then reinstalled the Java updated script for IE, but then you deactivate the

Active scripts.

Which version of Windows are you running.  Windows 7 32 bit?  Which version of Internet Explorer are

you running?  Did you deactivate Active X Filtering, or as you say the Active Script.  If the later, how did you do that?  Did

you enable the Shockwave Flash Object Add On?  Maybe the key here is the Java scripting, but I would like to pin this

down better.  Who told you to deactivate and reactivate the Java Scripting?

Sherwin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sherwin (this is Lisa) -

I was able to get the Flash to work on FireFox so I knew there had to be a problem with the IE interface.

I have Windows 7 (64-bit) and Internet Explorer 9.  I went to the Control Panel. I selected uninstall programs.  I uninstalled both the Adobe Flash AND my version of JAVA.

[As a note, I had a recent JAVA update about the time I started to have problems.  I checked the Internet Explorer forums and apparently there have been other problems with that JAVA update.]

I then when to the Adobe site and reinstalled the Flash.  I then went to the Java site - http://java.com/en/download/testjava.jsp.  It gave me a new download option. - my current update number is 29.

Hope that helps.  Start by testing and see if you can flash on the FireFox - that will help determine if the problem is related to the IE interface.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Lisa,

Unfortunately, I am having this problem on Safari for Windows, as well.  If I get desparate, I may try your technique

of swaping the Java software.

Sherwin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will keep my fingers crossed for you.  It took me several hours to fix and it was very frustrating.

Lisa

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines