5 Replies Latest reply on Nov 1, 2011 10:10 AM by Insert_name

Extension manager CS5.5 not running under non-admin user

Insert_name

I can see the program running in the background, but it never comes up.  If i select "run as admin" the program opens, but only allows me to install extensions for the admin account. 

• 1. Re: Extension manager CS5.5 not running under non-admin user
          Carl Sun Level 4

Which OS are you using? Have you tried the solutions which you can find in this forum? Such as uninstalling FlashFireBug, deleting FlashPlayer trust files, granting privileges to some folders.

• 2. Re: Extension manager CS5.5 not running under non-admin user
            Insert_name Level 1

I am running 64-bit Windows 7 professional.  I have tried disabling firebug, deleting the flashplayer trust files and granting write privileges to the the folders all with no luck. If i select run as admin the program comes up fine. If i try opening as a standard user it never opens up, but i can see it running in task manager

• 3. Re: Extension manager CS5.5 not running under non-admin user
              Carl Sun Level 4

Which products have you installed? (Dreamweaver/InDesign/Photoshop/...) Please rename XManConfig.xml of each product one by one to determine whether this issue is related to a specific product. If it doesn't work, please generate log to assist troubleshooting. Thanks.

• 4. Re: Extension manager CS5.5 not running under non-admin user
                Insert_name Level 1

I have the CS5.5 masters collection with all products installed.  I have tried individually renaming each xmanconfig.xml and opening, but it still does not open.  I than set the account up to generate a log file, but it only generates one of the two log files (ExtensionManager.log) and it only says;

[DEBUG] Tue Nov 01 11:52:46 2011 (d:\extensionmanager_5.5_win\20110228.m.163\trelo\source\manager\win\owlmain.cpp,970) -OWL environment initializd OK

[DEBUG] Tue Nov 01 11:52:46 2011 (d:\extensionmanager_5.5_win\20110228.m.163\trelo\source\manager\win\owlmain.cpp,973) -C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe Extension Manager CS5.5

[DEBUG] Tue Nov 01 11:52:46 2011 (d:\extensionmanager_5.5_win\20110228.m.163\trelo\source\manager\win\owlmain.cpp,1015) -Create SWF window OK

[DEBUG] Tue Nov 01 11:52:46 2011 (d:\extensionmanager_5.5_win\20110228.m.163\trelo\source\manager\win\owlmain.cpp,1034) -C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe Extension Manager CS5.5\ExMan.swf

[DEBUG] Tue Nov 01 11:52:46 2011 (d:\extensionmanager_5.5_win\20110228.m.163\trelo\source\manager\win\owlmain.cpp,1047) -Load Flash OK

If i run extension manager as an admin the logs generate fine, but if i try it as a standard user than it only generates the one log file.

• 5. Re: Extension manager CS5.5 not running under non-admin user
                  Insert_name Level 1

Carl,

I reread your second post and realized i missed something.  Earlier i just disabled the firebug extension for firefox and still was not able to open extension manager.  I reread it and tried to completely uninstall the firebug extension and this time extension manager opened up just fine.  I appreciate your help in getting this solved.