• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RoboHelp 9 Search fails on old pages

Oct 31, 2011 Oct 31, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hellp all.

I have a project which has a great deal of pages that were imported years ago from mainly pdfs using version 7. I just converted this project to version 9 and when I perform a search the old pages show up in my search results but when I click on the link nothing shows up. When I switch back to Contents and click on the same page it's visible but I can't get it to open from the search results.

Any ideas on how I can fix this?

Thanks,

Mike

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Deleted User
Nov 03, 2011 Nov 03, 2011

It works now that I took the ampersand (&) out of the folder title.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Oct 31, 2011 Oct 31, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mike

Gee, I'm really sorry but even though it's Halloween and all my crystal ball seems to be on the fritz. And to make matters worse, my psychic skills are below par. As a result, I'm unable to divine the output you are having the issue with.

Are you working with CHM? WebHelp? FlashHelp? WebHelp Pro? FlashHelp Pro? AIR Help installed? Web Based AIR Help? Something else?

Maybe if we know the output we might offer a possible fix or a workaround.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Nov 01, 2011 Nov 01, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using FlashHelp. I believe I discovered the problem, it's related to using an & in the title. Each topic that isn't appearing properly has an "&" in it and on the search results side it changes it to |x26. But when I look back at the TOC side the & shows up fine. Do you know how I can fix this? It appears fine everyone except for the search results.

THanks,

Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I went through and removed the ampersand (&) from the title of the document in the Project Manager and the TOC. I then republished my output and I still can't get the actual page when I click on the link in the search results.

I noticed this problem seems to involve only the older pages in the system. Anything that we imported or built in the last few years seem to appear properly.

I already tried selecting and unselecting the various search options you have when generating the FlashHelp output and closing the project and renaming the CPD file, forcing it to create a new one. Does anyone have any other ideas on how I could fix this problem?

Any advice is appreciated.

This what I get when I right click and select properties on the page I get when I click the TOC link.

Properties for link in TOC.gif

This what I get when I right click and select properties on the page I get when I click the search results

link. (The screen just displays an empty white screen.)

Properties for link in search results.gif

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It works now that I took the ampersand (&) out of the folder title.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there

Not trying to rub salt in an open wound here, but this is a perfect example and really drives home the point of why you really don't ever want to use anything remotely considered to be a special character in file and folder names.

Personally, I consider anything other than 0-9, a-z, A-Z and underscore ( _ ) to be a special character.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

RoboHelp Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Begin learning RoboHelp HTML 7, 8 or 9 within the day!

Adobe Certified RoboHelp HTML Training

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp