Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RFE: Update Flashplayer with less Userclicks

New Here ,
Oct 04, 2011 Oct 04, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

first of all I'm glad if Flashplayer tells me when it has an update. But then the Workflow is

- Flash: hey I have an update, do you want me to update? yes - first click

- Accpet the licence agreement - second click

- after update is finished - click okay to finish - third click

Everytime I wonder WHY I have to accept the licence always and always again. Anyways, wouldn't it be possible to do all this with just ONE click?

- The dialog could just show me that there IS an update including (if necessary) the checkbox for the licence agreement.

- After clickling OK in this one dialog the software could download update and show a "finished, update successfull" without opening another dialog.

- I'd be also quite happy if this dialog would auto-close if no errors occurred after some seconds.

Usually I just want to say - "yes update, do your stuff and let me continue my work and don't bother again if everything is alright".

It'd be even cooler if it could be done fully automatic, so that flash just downloads the new files if an update is available and installs when the computer shuts down or if flash is restarted nex time.

Just don't bother me with various clicks!

Best regards

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 04, 2011 Oct 04, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks for your feedback.  we are actively looking to improve user experience and are aware of the challenges people like yourself are having during the install process. information will be posted if  any improvements become available.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 05, 2011 Oct 05, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

foobär0 wrote:

It'd be even cooler if it could be done fully automatic, so that flash just downloads the new files if an update is available and installs when the computer shuts down or if flash is restarted nex time.

I think a large number of users would strongly object to this!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 27, 2011 Oct 27, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ʇɐb ɹəuəllıʍ wrote:

foobär0 wrote:

I think a large number of users would strongly object to this!

Experienced users: yes

People who barely know what Flashplayer is (the stuff that plays Youtube) and those who do not complain about automatic Thunderbird/Firefox updates: probably not.

I'd be totally content with an "advanced"-option that requires me to manually enable a silent update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree; if it can be tailored by the user (or admin), e.g. in the mms.cfg file, then it would help less experienced users.

My suggestion: file an feature request at https://bugbase.adobe.com/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh great, didn't know about the bug base. Thanks for the link.

I'll file an RFE when I'am back home and try to publish the link here as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 30, 2011 Oct 30, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 31, 2011 Oct 31, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

foobär0 wrote:

Hi foobär0,

You might be interested in reviewing the Background Updates feature (Windows only at this time), available in the Flash Player 11.2 Beta, posted to labs.adobe.com, http://labs.adobe.com/technologies/flashplatformruntimes/flashplayer11-2/

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 31, 2011 Oct 31, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Maria,

Argh - This update stuff has bothered me so long and now that I report a RFE it's almost implemented 😕

Well okay I should just be happy that it IS almost implemented.

But thanks for the hint!

PS: (me= foobär0)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines