• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I have to install Flash Player after rebooting ......

New Here ,
Oct 27, 2011 Oct 27, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I have a Win7 64 bit pc (SP!) , and since I upgraded Flash Player I have to re install the prog every time I boot up my pc.

Using firefox 7 or IE9 nor version of Flash Player makes a difference.

Once installed Flash Player works perfectly until the next re boot, after which it's back to getting the message to install Flash Player if I use IE9, or just a blank field using Firefox.7

Most frustrating.

So apart from never rebooting does anyone know of a cure for this problem as I would love to know the fix

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 30, 2011 Oct 30, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

..... and me Contract Tim !

running Vista 32bit (I think !!) It seems since Flash 11 everytime I reboot Flash ceases to work. Same on Firefox7 & IE8 (9 caused me problems)

Tried most things, uninstall, download from numerous places.

After loading, both programmes are seen in Control Panel (Programmes etc), but after a reboot although they appear there, they have a blank logo next to them (which I take to mean a non-function?)

Is it relevant that I can find NO Adobe Flash File, under Programe Files, on my Hard Drive ??????

Has Flash loaded "properly" ???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Winmo28,

since I posted I have found a workaround. As I run the 64bit version of 7 I downloaded Nightly which is a 64bit browser from Mozilla and then re installed flash player.

If you are running the 32 bit vesion of windows have you tried uninstalling Firefox (saving your favourites etc before hand!), rebooting and then re installing the browser followed by Flash Player?

Have you also check the log files for Flash here C:\Windows\System32\Macromed\Flash\Flashinstall.log

Good Luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I appreciate the feedback.

Looked in log files you mentioned --- "Access is Denied" ---- What does THAT mean ?

I'm a bit reluctant to Uninstall Firefox etc. unless that's the only answer.

Does anyone from Adobe every offer help ?

Pity there is no alternative to Flash !!!  Or is there ??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this message "Access is Denied" and entry in the log, or does it appear when you try and open the log itself? Such phrases usuall means the profile you have has not got the rights to see the file or install software.

Do you have administrator rights?

If it is an entry in the log what is the rest of the line?

You could try downloading Flash Player as a .exe file then right click it and select 'run as admininster' to install

Of course if you are using a company pc/laptop, the machine could be locked down and so the best thing you can do is talk to a System Administrator

Cheers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 31, 2011 Oct 31, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

"Access is Denied" was not allowing entry to the file. Laptop is my own personal one so I should have Admin Rights.

I downloaded a saved .exe file, and ran as Admin as you suggested but NO difference. After rebooting -- Flash not working.

What would I expect to see in the log, assuming I could get entry ?

Thanks, Mike.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mike,

can't say why you cannot access the log file, but if you could you would see entries on the install process of Flash which may show some errors or not.

Have you tried uninstalling Flashplasyer 11.0.1, rebooting and then installing an older version?

There is a beta version of Flashplayer 11.2 ( http://www.free-codecs.com/download/adobe_flash_player.htm) which may be worth a try.

Other options:

You coudl try running a windows repair or a good 3rd party registry clean/repair application  (which has a cost attached).

You could also not shut down your laptop so often and just use hibernate instead, and hope the next verision of Flash will fix the issue.

Consider a clean install /use it as an excuse to upgrade to 7 (it's much better than Vista!).

Good Luck

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recommend to only download software from the original software developers; you can find any old Flash Player version at http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/142/tn_14266.html

What I do not recommend is the use of "registry cleaners"; they do not serve any purpose, but can severely harm your system.

I also would be interested to see that FlashInstall.log file.  Access Denied means that some permsission issues, either on the file, or on the residing folder.  As Administrator you should be able to change these permissions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 01, 2011 Nov 01, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Gentlemen,

Problem is solved, at least for the time being.

I decided to uninstall some very recently installed programs ie Adobe AIR & Intel Pro/set Wireless WiFi software (not sure why I did install it !)

I then un installed Flash & Downloaded (for Firefox) from Download.com and for IE from Adobe site.

Since then both programs have remained inplace AND WORKING.

I'm not certain uninstalling the said programs was the remedy, but it makes you wonder.

I can now access the Flashinstall.log file ---- how do I send you a copy ??

By the way, Mr Up-side-down-man I do quite regularly use RegCure & ParetoLogic PCHealth, are you saying I should not use them ?

They always seem to find plenty of stuff to remedy !!!

Mike

PS just checked again and Flash working !!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since Flash Player is now working, I don't need to see the FlashInstall.log file any more.  But to make that file available to the forum, you can either paste (Ctrl+V) its contents into the forum post, or attach the entire file to the forum post (Use advanced editor).

Regarding "registry cleaners"; all they usually do is remove unused (or allegedly unused) entries.  There is not the slightest benefit for anything in using that.  On the other hand, removing some wrong entries can lead to disastrous failures, which I have seen occasionally in other forums.  But this is my personal opinion.  Be sure to make a registry backup or system restore point before running any of these "cleaners".

Anyway, glad you got Flash Player working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Mike,

glad you have got Flash working and access the log (which as it's all working you don't need to worry about  - unless the word error appears!).

I'll get rid of Air on my pc and see what happens.

As for reg cleaners - yes they can be dangerous, but if you often install and uninstall software (demo/trials) the process is often not 100% clean and 'dead' entries are left in the registery which can slow boot ups etc, but that is another topic.

Cheers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines