Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Window "Footer" -- Robohelp 7

New Here ,
Oct 31, 2011 Oct 31, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello All,

I would like a stationary band (with a link to more information, if possible) to appear across the entire bottom of my help window, regardless of whether the TOC is open or not (see the circled area in my example below.)

I'm running Robohelp 7 and outputting to WebHelp. Any way I can do this in the window designer or some other way?

Thanks,

A

Untitled.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 01, 2011 Nov 01, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I think the best way to accomplish this is to add a frame to the WebHelp output. In the project start page, add the frame to the variable strHTML and let that frame open a page that shows the copyright information, example:

var strHTML = "<frameset rows=\"43,*,50\" hostof=\"parent:toolbar!startpage:yes\" frameborder=\"0\" border=\"0\"> <frame src=\"whskin_tbars.htm\" id=\"toolbar\" frameborder=\"0\" border=\"0\" scrolling=\"no\" noresize=\"\" marginheight=\"0\" marginwidth=\"0\" title=\"Toolbar\"></frame> <frame src=\"whskin_frmset01.htm\"  frameborder=\"1\" border=\"1\" scrolling=\"auto\" marginheight=\"0\" marginwidth=\"0\"></frame><frame src=\"copyright.htm\" id=\"copyright\" frameborder=\"0\" border=\"0\" scrolling=\"no\" noresize=\"\" marginheight=\"0\" marginwidth=\"0\" title=\"Copyright\" ></frame></frameset>";

Greet,

Willam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi William,

That’s a great suggestion, and I think it will work perfectly! Only one (probably obvious) question: After I set up the frame, how do I add it to the output?

I have it all ready to go, but when I generate output, it is not included.

Thanks,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

The best way to go may be this: Add the page with copyright information as a topic in RoboHelp. This topic will be the page that is referenced by the frame. Generate your output and open the project start page in a text editor or HTML editor. (You set the project start page in the WebHelp SSL settings. This is not the the first topic.)

Then amend the variable strHTML as per my last post. (It's at the bottom of the file.) Make sure the third frame points to your copyright page: in the src attribute, add the relative path from the start page to your copyright topic. In the example, the copyright topic is called copyright.htm. This file is located in the root of the project.

You can set the height of the frame by modifying the value 50 in the frameset. You'll have to play around with the height and the topic styling to get the exact effect you require. Once you have that, make sure that you copy the new code. Whenever you create a new output use a find and replace operation to modify the start file to include the copyright footer.

Greet,

Willam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Got it to work! Thanks so much. It is splendid.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp