• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Topic not displaying in Baggage File Folder

New Here ,
Sep 11, 2006 Sep 11, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am right-clicking on the Baggage File Folder in insert a file, using 'Select Baggage File" dialog box to insert a .pdf link, when asked if I want to replace the old file, I click OK, but the file does not display in the Baggage File Folder.

When I look at all the files within the SSL folder I see the file I want to link into the Baggage File Folder, but for some reason it's not making it's way to where I can then drag it into a topic.

Should I attempt to import it into a topic or copy paste the link into a topic?

Thanks, all.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Sep 11, 2006 Sep 11, 2006
Open up the project's rhbag.apj file in a text editor. Does the PDF appear there? It sounds like it doesn't. You can manually edit the file to add the reference. Then when you open your RH project, the PDF file should appear in the baggage folder. P.S. The usual warning about taking backups before manually editing RH files applies

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm a little confused. On the one hand you say you replaced the old file which would seem to suggest the file was there. On the other hand you seem to say the file isn't there after it's replaced? Or are you referring to file versions? You could try and delete the old file (if it's still there), save the project and then add the new file from scratch.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry for the confusion. What I mean is...the file displays in the current version in the Project File.
It also displays in the same version in the SSL/Printed Documentation Folder (it is a .pdf file derrived from a Word doc.)
But, the problem is I can't get it to display in the Baggage Folder - so that I can drag/drop it into a topic.
When I right-click on the Baggage Folder I get the message asking me if I want to overwrite the file, I click OK, the screen blinks, but that's as far as it goes - it doesn't appear in the list.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Open up the project's rhbag.apj file in a text editor. Does the PDF appear there? It sounds like it doesn't. You can manually edit the file to add the reference. Then when you open your RH project, the PDF file should appear in the baggage folder. P.S. The usual warning about taking backups before manually editing RH files applies

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
If that doesn't do it, another place to look is in the CPD file.

With the project closed:
Open projectname.cpd with Microsoft Access and look at the tables BaggageFileList and BaggageFileReferences.

Find the file name , note the FileID and remember it. Delete the line from the table.

In BaggageFileReferences, delete any lines referring to that File ID.

Save and close the CPD file.

Go into the project folder and delete the problem file (or just move it out of the project folder). This is important.

Open the project file in RH and import the baggage file.

Same warning: Back up the CPD and baggage files first.

Harvey

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp