Exit

adl quits unexpectedly - while debugging AIR app in Flash Builder 4.5

New Here ,
Oct 27, 2011 Oct 27, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the crash scenario:

- i'm debugging an AIR app, things are running fine

- my app is a media rotator and i've set it up to load in images, videos, sounds, and swfs (all good no problems there)

- the original was built for AIR 2.6 and used the old halo components

- however, now that i've done the conversions, targeted all spark and mx, and also setup my new AIR 3 SDK (following these instructions http://jeffwinder.blogspot.com/2011/09/installing-adobe-air-3-sdk-in-flash.html)

when I go from loading a BitmapImage to loading a VideoDisplay element, the adl debugger simply crashes w/ 'adl quit unexpectedly' msg and a massive crash report.

- it never did this in AIR 2.6 and Flex 4.0 SDK

- i can load videos in sequence no problem, but the error only occurs when going from bitmap to video.

Any ideas? It's frustrating because after the crash there's not even an error message in the Console.

Also, is this really the best practice Adobe approved way of targeting AIR 3?

http://jeffwinder.blogspot.com/2011/09/installing-adobe-air-3-sdk-in-flash.html

Mike Delucchi

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Oct 28, 2011 Oct 28, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Haven't had much luck myself with AIR 2.0 in Flashbuilder 4.5.1 Flex SDK overlay.

Program compiles and runs fine but the ApplicationUpdaterUI fails when it comes to comparing the update namespace descriptor and version.

Both are supposed to be the same - and 3.0 - in the -app.mxml and the update.mxml.

But something else is missing

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Didn't affect my program but I don't do any video - I'd bet you might also need to

download and rename the addition runtime programs for Flash 11

and place them in a new folder under the sdk "runtimes\player\11.0"

- there should be a subfolder for win/mac/lnx under that - if you feel like downloading all the versions

Don

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Oct 29, 2011 Oct 29, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you're using Windoze like I am, Jeff pointed me to this excellent post with some extra steps you might have missed.

I'm going to try it myself to see if it fixes my ApplicationUpdater issue.

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/899921

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 03, 2011 Nov 03, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I having the same problem on my App.  Crash on Debug or Air.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem? Did you try an Air overlay?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, i overlay AIR, evething work on Mac and Linux, but on windows aways Crash ... Maybe Toninght i discovery what is crashing, i think is when i save and load my local files on my app. I will shure tomorow.

Sorry about my english.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines