• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Conditional Build Tags - How Many is Too Many?

Nov 04, 2011 Nov 04, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has anyone ever run into problems generating a project because of too many conditional build tags? I'm new to this and considering using quite a few in a particular project - unless I find that overuse will compromise the project on the backend. I'd really like to find that out before I put the work in. Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

From the simple standpoint of ease of use, I'd say you want to limit the number to as few as you can.

Can you tell us more about why you are using them? I ask because later versions of RoboHelp offer things that help us out in this area. You may well discover you don't need build tags at all. But we will reserve that judgment until after we know more.

What version of RoboHelp are you using? What RoboFlavor?

You may wish to give the link below a once over.

Click here to view

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

RoboHelp Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Begin learning RoboHelp HTML 7, 8 or 9 within the day!

Adobe Certified RoboHelp HTML Training

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you! As I'm sure you can tell, I'm new to using RoboHelp (and Forums!) so please bear with me...

A few more details; I'm using RoboHelp HTML v.8. I'm not sure how big this project will be by the time I'm done - I'm guessing close to 1000 files. I'm a novice user, there's no expert in-house and no I/T support. The department I'm working for is the only one in the company using RH. I inherited the project from someone who's no longer here ...if you get my meaning, and it pretty much chaos.

I'm creating online procedure manuals. There are going to be at least three different audiences for this content and each needs a specific version, tailored to their job role. It could get very complicated, hence my question, how granular is too granular? I know RH isn't a content management system in the true sense of the term, but I can see potential for using it as such (remember the whole "novice user" statement above, and please, tell me if I'm delusional here ) . I just don't want to get in over my head.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp