• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Design mode locale problems with 4.5.1

Advocate ,
Jun 25, 2011 Jun 25, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried this in the Flex forum but no answers. I'll try here. I've been working on a project for a year that has worked fine. I upgraded to 4.5.1 and now can no longer edit several of my components that were localized.  I solely get a red X and a design error that says "Assets failed to compile.  Design Mode is unable to display the document styles, skins, and images because the following assets have failed to compile:Details :unable to open 'locale/en_US'(command line - Line:-1)"

I've a folder with locale/en_US and it actually localizes fine if I run the app, but I can not longer edit in design mode which, as you might guess, really puts a damper on moving objects by pixels.

Any suggestions?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jun 29, 2011 Jun 29, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exactly the same problem here!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Jun 29, 2011 Jun 29, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I finally got mine to work. It may be overkill as I don't really know which action solved it but between the two following, it solved the problem for me:

1. To the source path under the build path options I added the following folder:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe Flash Builder 4.5\sdks\4.5.1\frameworks\projects\spark\bundles\en_US

2. In the library path I added

C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe Flash Builder 4.5\sdks\4.5.1\frameworks\locale\en_US\spark_rb.swc

Of course, your folder structure may be different. Let us know so we can pinpoint eventually.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Jul 09, 2011 Jul 09, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well it worked for a couple weeks and now it's back. Anyone else had success solving this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 04, 2011 Nov 04, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I don't have a solution, but i think i pinned the circumstance down to being generated when:

• You have a localised project
  • You also embed a generic (non-localised) asset

In the case I used to file a bug report, including/removing an <s:Image> tag causes/removes the problem:

https://bugs.adobe.com/jira/browse/FB-32609

Note: In my builder I had an additional issue making it difficult to pin down - in that once the Design Mode Problem had been raised, even reverting the line of code that caused it didn't clear the problem report - took a couple of odd steps:

https://bugs.adobe.com/jira/browse/FB-32610

Message was edited by: creacog - fix typo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines