• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

[Ann] HTML and CHM version of FrameMaker 10 JavaScript Reference

Community Expert ,
Oct 30, 2011 Oct 30, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just dropped by to announce that I made a convenient HTML and CHM version of the FrameMaker 10 JavaScript Reference, at the suggestion of & support by Rick Quatro (http://frameautomation.com).

(This is still kind of basic, presumably because the programmers haven't gotten around writing proper scripting support yet. For a preview of what it should look like, you should really take a look at the latest InDesign version -- that one has it all, links, usage, hierarchical objects, the lot. Just to whet your appetite, I guess.)

Direct download links:

HTML files, to use with any browser: http://www.jongware.com/binaries/fm10js-html.zip (95 separate files)

CHM file, to use with Windows Help (Windows) or Robin Lu's iChm Viewer (Mac): http://www.jongware.com/binaries/fm10js-chm.zip

For updates, as well as help files of InDesign CS/2/3/4/5 and Illustrator CS4/CS5,  you can visit my page at http://www.jongware.com/idjshelp.html

Enjoy.

TOPICS
Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 04, 2011 Nov 04, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

(Update)

Integrated JavaScript Base Classes (filing, math, array) and ScriptUI Classes (all you need to make custom dialogs) into the main help file so you don't have to download them separately.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the update. However, when I open the chm file, the right pane says "Navigation to the webpage was canceled". The navigation elements show (Contents, Index, etc), but the right pane never updates. Thanks.

Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Uh, well that's not supposed to happen. It works fine on my Mac (using iChm) and Windows XP (standard WinHelp). What system are you on?

(Edit) Wait, I may have seen this before. If on a remotely modern Windows, you need to tell it this file is O-Kay even though it came from the Web of a 1,000 Lies. Check the properties of your downloaded file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are right. I had to right-click on it and choose Properties and then click the Unblock button. All is well now.

Thanks for all of your efforts with this. This is a huge benefit for FrameMaker scripters.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 05, 2011 Nov 05, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Excellent! This newer version comes with descriptions for each object and method that were missing in the previous one!

Files are updated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines