• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to use a user variable to control what to show in a rollover slidelet?

Participant ,
Nov 04, 2011 Nov 04, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I am using a rollover slidet (and a clickbox) to do the following:

Each time when the user rollover the picture, it will play an audio. When the user click on the image,  it will open a pdf file;--- this has already been realized;

However, I also need to realize this but couldn't get it:

When the first time the user rollover (haven't clicked yet) on the image, show text caption 1 ("in order to read other sections, you must read this section first");

After the first time the user clicked on the image, every time when the uer rollover, show text caption 2 ("click to review this section").

To realize this, the rollover slidelet, the clickbox and the image are stacked one on top of another by this order (rollover on the toppest and image on the bottom).

I set an advanced action for the clickbox as assign the variable "ccstandardsclear" as 1 (its initial value is 0);

For the action of "On Rollover" for the rollover slidet, I set the advanced action as a conditional action:

if ccstandardclear = 0, then show textcaption_1;

else show textcaption_2.

(here notice that I first placed both textcaption_1 and textcaption_2 inside of the rollover slidet area and I couldn't find these two items' names in the  dropdown item list of the action editor. Then I moved both textcaption outside of the rollover slidelet area so I am able to find them in the item list of the action editor)

Both textcaption_1 and textcaption_2 are set as invisible in their property panel.

However, I was hoping that the action of "show textcaption_1/2" could bring them visible.

Yet my way couldn't get it work.

I would really appreciate it if anyone could help me with this.

Thank you.

TOPICS
Getting started

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Participant , Nov 08, 2011 Nov 08, 2011

Hi Rod, I made it work using my old method. The reason that it didn't work was because I didn't "hide" both text captions when first enter the slide. So I just added another advanced action script to the "on enter" event of the slide. Then everything works fine.

But I found that we have already purchased your even handler widget without knowing what it can do. I just tried it out and yes it is a very useful widget. Thanks for the instruction.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Participant ,
Nov 04, 2011 Nov 04, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now the showing both or none of the textcaption problem is solved by adding two actions of "hide textcaption_1&2" to the on enter event of the slide.

Problem solved --- except for the annoying audio icon displaying everytime I rollover --- cuz I don't have anything else to put inside of the rollover slidelet except for the audio. --- I know that if you put a text caption inside then the audio icon won't show, but I need to do conditional text caption display so it seems I can't solve this. Can someone tell me how to solve it? Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 05, 2011 Nov 05, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another thing you might try is using one or more Event Handler widgets to play the audio on rollover of the picture.

Event Handlers can trigger Advanced Actions on many different types of mouse events including rollover, rollout and click.

You just need to attach the audio file you want to have play to the Success caption of the Event Handler and make the caption a transparent caption so that it does not get seen by the user.  They just hear the audio play.

If you want to try out this idea, you can download a trial version Event Handler widget from this here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 08, 2011 Nov 08, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Rod, I made it work using my old method. The reason that it didn't work was because I didn't "hide" both text captions when first enter the slide. So I just added another advanced action script to the "on enter" event of the slide. Then everything works fine.

But I found that we have already purchased your even handler widget without knowing what it can do. I just tried it out and yes it is a very useful widget. Thanks for the instruction.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Nov 07, 2011 Nov 07, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How bout a text caption with no text in it, or one where the text matches the background color so you can't see it (inside the rollover slidelet)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources