Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bug in HTTPService? Results differ from URLLoader

New Here ,
Nov 04, 2011 Nov 04, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey all,

I'm currently using the Flickr api and running into an issue between using the HTTPService and URLLoader. I get the same result when I use the URLLoader and place the url directly into the browser, the XML returned is the exact same. When using HTTPService, 1 attribute of the node returned is different.. Has anyone seen anything like this?

I can't imagine that there is a bug in the HTTPService that would change a node value in the response, but it works just fine with URLLoader. This indicates that it has to be a bug with the Flickr api (which I posted there about) but if it's a bug on their end, why would it work great in a browser and URLLoader, but the HTTPService would get a different response? The Flickr method I'm hitting is flickr.photosets.getList and the photoset id is changing...

To complete my project I will just use URLLoader, but avoiding an issue doesn't solve it so figured I'd post this bug and see if anyone has seen something simlilar and how to remedy it.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 07, 2011 Nov 07, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ok, I noticed the data loaded as XML is changed once converted to an ArrayCollection or even Object...

If I load the XML, convert to an Object (HTTPService) and use this data as a dataProvider, the data is changed and therefor incorrect. If I leave it as XML and use as a dataProvider, the data is untouched and correct. This has to be a bug within conversion of XML then?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines