• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Recording in Assessment and Training Mode

Community Beginner ,
Oct 11, 2011 Oct 11, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Captivate 4.0 and am having issues with the Assessment and Training Record Modes.  I am creating a demonstration for the LMS of a Teller System we are implementing in the near future.  When I attempt to record a trainign or assessment, it either does not place the text boxes in the correct location, does not place them at all, and skips items that are entered and should be shown.  I have checked and double checked my setting and everything is set correctly.  I have recorded Demo, Assessment, and Training all at the same time before and it works great.  Why does it not this time?  Could it be something with the program I am trying to capture? 

I would appreciate any and all help or advice anyone has to offer!

Thanks!

Bradley

TOPICS
Recording

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 11, 2011 Oct 11, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

BradleyBeggs wrote:

...Could it be something with the program I am trying to capture? ...

That's probably exactly what the issue is!

Unfortunately with so many applications in the world there is no way to ensure Captivate can capture them all perfectly. To be honest, I'm shocked it does as well as it seems to!

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

Captivate Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Adobe Certified Captivate Training

SorcerStone Blog

Captivate eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 04, 2011 Nov 04, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having this same issue with Captivate 4 today. I'm stumped. I'm recording in training mode from IE. It's not even in a "unknown software".

In fact, my training mode recording isn't even adding in the text entry fields for me. Do I need to do those myself? I thought it did those for me?

It's also not catching all of the places people need to click to move on. Do I need to go back and manaully add those?

Captivate seems to be winning the battle today. *Sigh*

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 05, 2011 Nov 05, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Captivate can only add in those elements that it can detect are necessary when you are capturing.  Some applications (including web applications that you view in a browser such as IE) do not advertise their screen events in a way that Captivate recognises.

In such cases you need to resort to manual captures to grab the screens, and if a text box or similar is NOT inserted automatically, then you'll need to add those in later as well.

Don't automatically assume the issue is with Captivate.  It cannot always compensate for the myriad of different ways that people choose to program their applications.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 07, 2011 Nov 07, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yeah, it is looking like I'll have to manually add in what I need.

Thanks for the help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 05, 2011 Nov 05, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have discovered manual captures to be my best friend during this process along with manually adding text and click boxes.  The project is coming along nicely and is going to work how I want it to.  Thanks for all the advice.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources