• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

adl not working in Flash Builder 4.5

Contributor ,
Sep 03, 2011 Sep 03, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I debug or run an application in Flash Builkder 4.5, the adl does not work: it launches, but I see no content whatsoever, no adl window even, no errors ... nothing!!  This issue started after I upgraded from FB 4 to 4.5.

I found someone else who had the exact same issue, and it appears they resolved with by remoiving the mm.cfg file:  http://forums.adobe.com/message/3899680#3899680

When I went to look for mm.cfg, I did not find it in the library, but rather in my primary system user folder.   So I tried putting it in the trash, but adl still won't work.  I also tried putting mm.cfg into the library/Application Support/Macromedia, and adl still wont work.

When I open mm.cfg (with TextMate), I see nothing, it appears blank.

What to do? 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 05, 2011 Sep 05, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this a Flex or pure ActionScript application?

If it is not Flex, can you check if the visible tag is set to true in your application descriptor XML file?

Anothing thing may be to try hitting "Profile", wait for it to connect, terminate using the red "Stop" button, then hit Debug. That will clean up any stale entries in mm.cfg.

-Anirudh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 07, 2011 Sep 07, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Miquael, I just instaled  Flashbug for Firefox. Somehow flashbug edited the mm.cfg and changed this line, and the Flash builder debug (for AIR apps).

PreloadSwf=C:\Documents and Settings\Gazu\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\qrudu6qa.default\extensions\flashbug@coursevector.com\chrome\content\flashbug\profiler.swf

So I change it to

PreloadSwf=

And everything is fine now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 12, 2011 Oct 12, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks it worked for me!! FlashFireBug (or flashbug) has already give me a lot of issues!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 05, 2011 Nov 05, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

thankyouthankyouthankyou!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines