• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Sending Out Emails When More Convenient for Server

New Here ,
Sep 11, 2006 Sep 11, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Right now I have a scheduled task that runs everyday to send out all emails scheduled for the day. Right now I process and send out all the emails at once. As I'm getting more clients and users, this process is taking more time and this is slowing down the performance my users see if they happen to be working at the same time. Is there anyway to put the emails I want to send out in a temporary holding area and send them out a few at a time or when my server is not busy doing other things.

Any help greatly appreciated.
TOPICS
Advanced techniques

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 11, 2006 Sep 11, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You will need to change the mail server setting, specifically, smtp spool settings on the server. Additionally, you can increase the number of threads if your smtp server can handle it. You might want to spool to disk instead of memory but that is slower in some instances. It just depends on the application.

http://livedocs.macromedia.com/coldfusion/7/htmldocs/wwhelp/wwhimpl/common/html/wwhelp.htm?context=C...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 13, 2006 Sep 13, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
You could also change the frequency of running the scheduled task. We have several applications that are scheduled to run every 61 seconds, and it's no real problem for the web server or CF. Most of the time there's nothing there, and rarely there are two or more things to do. In all other cases, there is only one thing to do (e.g., send an email). This spreads the burden out as much as you can, I think. No one should see the kind of degradation you cite.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation