1 Reply Latest reply: Nov 5, 2011 12:08 PM by jahflasher RSS

Query in Custom Trigger

jahflasher Community Member

Hi you all,

I have been using custom triggers becuase they are very handy. I however need to do a query that does an select and  based on result do a loop and process some update or inserts. Well my problem is that i dont know of a native way to fetch result in a custom trigger. I have always been doing something like this for my updates for example:

$update_prices = "update cart_details set price = '$cost' where cart_details_id='$cart_details_id' ";

$result2 = $tNG->connection->execute($update_prices);

However when it come to getting the results of a select I am lost.I wish there was a manual or some kind of documentation for this framework. Any ideas ???

• 1. Re: Query in Custom Trigger
          jahflasher Community Member

I have discoved the apis to fix my problem. Its amazing that the solution was not posted on this fourm before. Seems like though this is a old framework it is not used by hard core coders who need more that what is offered by the addt gui. Through my own digging i was able to find a solution:

$result2 = $tNG->connection->execute("select idprd_pdt from fbs_product_pdt where idmnu_pdt = '".$result->Fields("idmnu_pdt")."' ");

$update = "update fbs_proddet_prd set image_prd = '$image_prd', make_default_image_for_this_category = 'Y'

where id_prd = '".$result2->Fields("idprd_pdt")."' ";

$result_update = $tNG->connection->execute($update);

$values .= $result2->Fields("idprd_pdt").",";

to find the  classes and their function you can navigate to includes/common/lib/db/KT_Recordset.class.php