Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Customizing toolbar button in RoboHelp

Nov 07, 2011 Nov 07, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Robo Help9 trial version. I want your help in ..

1. How can i add new button like "Search, Index,.." in Toolbar pane. Also how can i link the same new button to external URL address.

2. Is it possible to add one more Frameset in skin top above.

Thanks,

Satpal Jassal

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 07, 2011 Nov 07, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi and welcome to the community,

1. You can add buttons in the skin editor: Project Set-up > Skins. How do you want to open the external URL address? Do you want a popup or do you want the page to open in the topic pane?

2. For this, you have to modify your output. Open the start file of the project in notepad or a HTML editor and scroll to the bottom to find the JavaScript variable strHTML. Modify the frameset skin to add an extra frame. You need to modify the start page every time you generate the output.

Greet,

Willam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Nov 08, 2011 Nov 08, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Willam. This is helpful information. One more question in my mind. Can we change the framesets in .skn file. If it is possible then how can we change it.

more..

I want 20px space/margin between the toolbar buttons and the "About" aligned to left.

1. How we can add margins between the buttons in toolbar pane.

2. How to show the logo "About" aligned left side of the toolbar pane.

Thanks,

Satpal Jassal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 09, 2011 Nov 09, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

You can change the .skn file with notepad, but I'm not sure what will be retained in the output.

For all skin related questions, check Rick Stone's Skinny on Skins: http://www.robowizard.com/RoboWizard/NewProject.htm#Downloads/Skinny_on_Skins.htm

I don't know whether your questions are answered in skinny on skins, so post back if you don't find the solution in there.

Greet,

Willam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 09, 2011 Nov 09, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

Thanks Willam.

"Rick Stone's Skinny on Skins link" solved my most problems.

Thanks & Regards,

Satpal Jassal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp