Expand my Community achievements bar.

Simple question regarding tables

Level 1

I created a simple table: the page it's on is flowed, page break is checked. pagination is: following previous and continue filling parent.

The table has page break checked, pagination is: following previous and continue filling parent.  Row1 has page break checked, pagination is following previous and continue filling parent.  The table only has three cells in the row.  One row has a text field in it.  The text field is listed as multiline.

When I enter a large amount of text the table does not expand to the next page.  It only renders enough of the text to fill the row to the end of the first page yet, when I mouse over the cell that has the text, it shows the outline of the text field. The outline exceeds the page as if it were showing the complete amount of text but it doesn't show the rest of the text.

9 Replies

Level 10

Having a look at the actual form mayhelp to understand what is going on. If you can share the form I can have a look at it.

Steps to share a document..

1. Go to URL http://Acrobat.com
2. Create an account if you don't have one.
3. Then login to the website.
4. In top left corner you will see a button called Upload.
5. Click on browse and select the file you want to upload.
6. After Uploading, mouse over on the uploaded file. Click the down arrow button and choose Share document.
7. Then you will be prompted a popup window at the lower left corner. Choose "Publish it" option.
8. In the next pop up window choose "Copy Link" option.
9. You can paste the link in the forum thread.

Thanks

Srini

Level 1

when you try the table try entering at least three pages of data.  Two pages works.  It's when you get to three that it doesn't.

Level 10

If I remember correctly, there was a bug with page breaks in tables. Not sure if that is fixed in the version of the Reader/ Acrobat you are using.

If you can, change the table to a Subform and it should work as expected.

Thanks

Srini

Level 1

Where can I go to get verification that it is a bug.  I have Adobe X.

Former Community Member

1. You need to define a content area for the data you want across pages. Since the content area itself is static even it's contents change from page to page, this content area must be defined under a Master Page and should be given an explicit name.

2. The page containing the required data must be set to "Content = Flowed" in the subform tab. This will affect the layout of other elements on the form, therefore you may wish to move all the static content to a Master Page.

3. You need to specify the "overflow" attribute under "Pagination" tab for the table that contains the data. There you can specify the content area defined in step one. For the field "Place" also under the pagination tab, you can also speficy the same content area.

Level 1

I hate to ask but I'm under a lot of pressure to accomplish this... could you please send me a sample pdf of how this is done?

Thank you for your help.

Level 1

Haven't had a chance to work on this problem until now.  Work has been busy.

Anyway, I tried what you suggested without any success. 

As soon as the text goes beyond the end of the page it gets truncated.  The funny thing is, if I mouse over the row in the table it shows the outline of the cells on the next page.  If I click on the row and hold the mouse button down, the text shows up overlaid on the next page.  As soon as I lift the mouse button the text disappears.

Thanks for responding.  I hope you can come up with some other ideas.

Do you want me to send you a copy of the form?

Jeff

Level 1

I've been playing with my form.  I created a new blank form with a simple table.  I get the table row to expand past the second page but it stops working when the row tries to expand to the third page.