• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"Show Navigation Component" in whtopic.js

Explorer ,
Sep 12, 2006 Sep 12, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In looking at the published HTML topic files, I found that the "Show Navigation Component" hover tooltip that appears over "Show" is in whtopic.js.

Along with that, I'm guessing that the script to actually open the TOC is in whtopic.js as well.

Which part of the script is this, and can I put that portion of the script into the published HTML topic to have it automatically open the TOC, rather than having the user click "Show"?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This reminds me of Rick's old expression, you are changing the spark plugs via the exhaust pipe.

Click on File | Project Settings | General Tab | Advanced Button | LNG File, browse to Common Section and edit Show to is the correct way to change the text.

To open a topic with the TOC displayed is described in the Calling Webhelp topic on my site.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LOL yeah, I am using everything I can to get those spark plugs out through the exhaust.

Outlook is apparently the cause of not allowing a topic with the TOC displayed. It apparenly likes to chop the query marks in URLs when Internet Explorer opens.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
FWIW,

In the LNG file, in addition to Show=Show under [Common},

under [WebHelp], there is an entry
Show_Navigation_Component=Show Navigation Component
as well as Hide......

HK

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp