• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Strange error message when I tried to use the "collaborate" function under "File"

Participant ,
Nov 08, 2011 Nov 08, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has anyone else met this before? : I am trying to share my project with my team members. Tried File -> Collaborate and then try three options under it. Non e of them works. It asks for your Adobe ID in order to sign in and upload. However, every time I typed in my Adobe ID and password, it gave me strange error messages. The first time it says: User has not verified email address yet. I have been using this Adobe ID since 2008 or 2009 and of course I have verified my email address. But to make sure, I went back to my email box and search for emails about Adobe ID verification but I didn't find any (I never delete emails such as this).

Then I tried to register a new Adobe ID. This time when I tried to singn in with the new Adobe ID, it will either say "Network may not be available" (which is not true because I am able to surf on the Internet at the same time), or it says "User has not accepted user condition/agreement".

I feel so frustrated because I feel this is definitely not my mistake which caused the failure of log in.

Hope someone can tell me what the reason is and how to fix it though.

Thanks a lot.

TOPICS
Getting started

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Have you ever used acrobat.com? You can use the same ID, but will have to confirm it for this functionality as well. Suspect that after that confirmation you'll be able to use the collaborate functionality

Lilybiri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Lilybiri,

Thanks for your quick response. I followed your suggestion and verified my Adobe ID on acrobat.com.

Now I can enter the collaborate function. However, everytime when I tried to send it to myself (for test purpose) I got another error message "You need to enter a valid emaill address". I saw someone else on this forum has met the same problem. Do you have any suggestion on what is the possible reason for this to happen?

Again, thanks for the fast response. You have been helping me and other ppl so much.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I suppose, since you are the 'host' (identified by your Adobe ID) this is not possible. Could you perhaps try to create another Adobe ID, using another e-mail address to send your file?

This is just 'intuition', so do not shoot if it doesn't work.

Lilybiri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried to send it to another Adobe ID but it still gave me the same error message "invalid email address"... Thanks for the suggestion though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Dec 21, 2011 Dec 21, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am still having the same problem. Once in a while it works fine and I don't do anything different!  Any ideas here???? Anyone conquered this issue?  It is frustrating when trying to use the reviewer with clients and I can't send the file.

Thanks,

Lori

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources