• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Digital Editions closes when Nook is connected

New Here ,
Nov 07, 2011 Nov 07, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been using Digital Editions with my Nook for 6 months with no problem.  Yesterday I got an error message:  E_Lic_Already_Returned

This pops up as soon as I open the program.  I can download books from the library to my computer and read them on my computer but, as soon as I connect my nook, a message pops up to closing the program.  I have deactivated and deauthorized my computer and uninstalled the program from both my computer and nook and then reinstalled the program.  Unfortunately, the problems remains, no change.  Does anyone have any suggestions?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Nov 08, 2011 Nov 08, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nothing to do with the Nook, it's ADE trying to return a Loan that has expired, repeatedly.  To get rid of it:

1. Close ADE.
  2. Delete your (My) Digital Editions/restore/tasks folder. 
  3. Restart ADE.

and it shouldn't bother you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for trying to help.  The License thing seems to have resolved itself, probably because I deactivated, deauthorized and deleted the program from both the Nook and computer and then reinstalled everything.  My only problem now is that when I connect my nook, Digital Editions closes. DE works fine when Nook is not involved.  It transfers library books to computer and I can open and read library books on computer.  I just can't transfer them to the Nook because it DE closes as soon as Nook is connected.

Any suggestions for this situation?

Thanks for trying.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I also don't know how to do what you suggested.  Could you give me step by step instructions ..... I'm not very well versed in computer stuff.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines