Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RH 9, MS Word, Heading styles messing up my mini TOC

Participant ,
Nov 08, 2011 Nov 08, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I must be doing something wrong. 🙂

I have done many Word to RH projects. All the same look and feel. I include a mini TOC at the top of my topics, (which are actually book chapters). Now, however, my mini TOCs have no contents in them, and the reason is that my headings are not called "Heading 1, Heading 2" etc, which is what RH requires for mini TOCs. My heading styles came in as "WD_Heading1, WD_Heading2" etc.

I do not know why they came in like that. I imported the Word files as I always do. I tried renaming the headings styles, but no go.

What up wit this? Please advise. Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Participant , Nov 09, 2011 Nov 09, 2011

Yes, I was doing something wrong.

During import of the MSWord doc, I forgot to make sure each Word Document paragraph style was mapped to a RoboHelp Style in the drop-down list. A simple step.

You know, I don't remember having to do this before. I believe the Robohelp style (Heading 1, Heading 2, etc.) was selected by default. Perhaps because I was using a previous proejct as a template.

Well I am happy to answer my own question for anyone else who runs into this problem. It is not too gratifyin

Votes

Translate

Translate
Participant ,
Nov 09, 2011 Nov 09, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, I was doing something wrong.

During import of the MSWord doc, I forgot to make sure each Word Document paragraph style was mapped to a RoboHelp Style in the drop-down list. A simple step.

You know, I don't remember having to do this before. I believe the Robohelp style (Heading 1, Heading 2, etc.) was selected by default. Perhaps because I was using a previous proejct as a template.

Well I am happy to answer my own question for anyone else who runs into this problem. It is not too gratifying, however, as it feels like scoring a goal on your own goalie.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp