Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Registration Window keeps opening?

Participant ,
Jun 09, 2009 Jun 09, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I recently installed Windows 7RC on my computer and then reinstalled all my Adobe software.

My system is set to dual boot to Windows XP and Windows 7 RC.

This is more of an anoyance then a real problem but if anyone has any ideas how to stop it, I would like to hear them.

Since reinstall everytime I open any of my Adobe software, Indesign CS3, Illustrator CS3, Photoshop CS2, Premiere, the registration window opens.

The first few times I went through the process of registering again with all of them.  I recieved the "Thank you for registering E-mail etc.

This doesn't happen in XP.

Anyone have any idea how to stop this?

Mike

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Jan 24, 2010 Jan 24, 2010

Another solution that may be a little easier is to right click on photoshop and click "run as administrator". The registration window will pop up again (and for the last time... hooray). Make your selection and this time photoshop will remember what you choose. From now on you can start photoshop normally and the registration window shouldn't come back.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PS CS4 does the same thing on my Windows 7 RC install too. It does not happen all the time. I just click the do not show and it is good for 3 or 4 days then returns. Maybe CS4 will correct itself when the real Windows 7 comes out.

Windows 7 RC collects lots data and phones home with it so maybe the Microsoft guys will notice the CS4 regestration pop up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Thanks for the information, at least I know I'm not alone. LOL

Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Aug 05, 2009 Aug 05, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem after switching to a Vista machine from an XP machine. Was hoping I would find a fix here. Oh, well. I'll just keep hitting "Later."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your not alone. I installed and registered PS CS4 Extended last year and the registration window keeps popping up at random times. Did it yesterday on my Vista Ultimate 64 bit machine. No rhyme or reason. Just happens.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, dunno why nobody posted the right answer... It's simple. Edit the com.adobe.XYZ.registration files manually. Check C:\Users\Marty\AppData\Roaming\Adobe. Set the first line in the files to never and you shall have peace.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks.

Opened the registration file and changed Later to Never.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Aug 06, 2009 Aug 06, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can not find a registration file in this folder. I am running Vista Home Premium. I have all hidden and program files un-hidden.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go to computer click on it. Open C drive. Click on users, look for your name, then Appdata, then Roaming, then Adobe, Click on Adobe.

On the very bottom there should be a file called com.adobe.330.en_US.registration The .en_US part may be different depending on country.

Double click on this file. Choose select a program from a list of installed programs then click ok.

Uncheck Always use the selected program to open this kind of file

Select NOTEPAD and hit ok

Note pad will open

Look for LATER at top and change to Never.

Select file, then hit save, and close note pad.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I can't find any registration file either.

I have all hidden and system files visible.

I looked first as suggested then ran a search of my entire hard drive.

Can't even find anything that starts com.adobe.*

I'm running Window 7, anyone have any idea?

It's not that big a deal but I'm kind of Monkish and it bugs me to have it keep popping up.

Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know where this folder is, the registration file is just not there. I also did a search for it, with no results. Here is a sressn shot of the Adobe folder

screen shot.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is what it looks like on my vista ultimate 64 bit machine:

I will have to get on my Windows 7 RC and post that. But you do see the file at the bottom.

vista snip.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think it is probably the difference between Home Premium, and Ultimate. I have tried to do a few other thing that are not in Home Premium also.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe so.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just out of curosity I tried to find the registration also.  I use Vista Home Premium and get the same info shown by Marty without the registration line.  Can not find it anywhere.  Probably there somewhere, but may in different location than in Ultimate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, the registration window seems to have stopped opening. After I did some on-line researching, I turned off the User Account Control. I opened and closed CS2 several times, and Registration no longer shows up. Even after turning UAC back on, it does not launch the registration form. HMMM. Any comments about just leaving the UAC off?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can turn off UAC. I am so used to UAC it does not bother me. The only time I see UAC pop up is when I start a program set as to run as administrator. Other then that I never see UAC pop up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Dec 06, 2009 Dec 06, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Getting back on topic...

It doesn't appear like there is a solution to this problem without having to upgrade to Photoshop CS4?  Is that correct?

I have the final version of Windows 7.

I don't have any kind of config file like existed under Vista.

I have tried turning off UAC and registering again.

Still, everytime I load Photoshop it wants me to register.

So can someone just admit that CS2 isn't supported under Windows 7 so I can stop looking for an answer?

Thanks,

Bill Pytlovany

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow, was I surprised to hear from someone about my Photoshop issue! I ended

up buying Adobe PSE7 for about $118.00 to solve my problem and then my

daughter told me all I needed to do was go with Google Picasa (free). She

said it would grab all my photos for me and organize them for me, rescuing

them from Photoshop 3.0. I tried it and IT WORKED! I couldn't believe it.

However, when I upload photos from my camera, Photoshop 3.0 still tries to

make me register and places the registration screen over my photos, but I

just click on "Register Later" and then I get a choice to select Picasa.

Maybe when my daughter visits me, she will see how to banish Photoshop 3.0

forever from my computer. I am so mad that I spent the money on PSE7 which

I have never used nor do I understand it at all. No one from the forum

expert leadership ever answered me-- unless that is you. Several other

folks had suggestions and I even went to some other forums where I did not

understand what they were talking about--but at least I have a work-around

now. Thank you for writing and please let me know if you understand how I

can defeat Photoshop 3.0.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi again

Since I posted the original message I have purchased a new computer running Windows 7 64 bit.

I had the same problem with the registration window opening all the time.

I did finally get it to stop, I think I did the UAC thing again.

I'm not sure though (no short term memory).

On another note: all my Adobe software runs fine from Photoshop CS2, and Illustrator CS3 to Premiere Elements 3.

The only exception was InDesign CS2, it wouldn't run at all. 

I had to upgrade to CS4.

That was the only software I had that would not run on my 64 bit setup.

Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I hate the registration window--bleah!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 24, 2010 Jan 24, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Huh... I never noticed when but my registration window finally stopped coming up.   Maybe there was a hidden update or something else on my system changed to fix it.

I can't tell you when it stopped but I'm happy it finally is fixed.

Bill

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ps. I also ran a search of my computer for any thing that included both the words Adobe and Registration and came up empty?

Thanks for the help..

Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is the registration located in Windows 7 RC 64 bit. Same location as Vista Ultimate.

snip windows 7.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Aug 07, 2009 Aug 07, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I'm using Windows 7 RC Ultimate and the file just isn't there.

Where do you turn off User Account Control?

Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines