• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Android Emulator not working right

Explorer ,
Oct 30, 2011 Oct 30, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I go to Site/Mobile Applications/Build and Emulate, my app gets compiled and built, but I get a message from dreamweaver (CS 5.5) saying "Dreamweaver is unable to open "Testing" in the emulator. Please consult the build log..." and the build log says the same thing. The emulator actually does open, but it's blank until the error message comes up in DW. When it does come up, it emulates an android phone, but my app doesn't show up anywhere. Anyone have any ideas?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Nov 04, 2011 Nov 04, 2011

cymbals - I found out the problem in my case. It might help you too, if you just recently downloaded and installed the newest Android SDK:

Check out this article:

http://www.tricedesigns.com/2011/11/01/building-phonegap-applications-with-dreamweaver/

Specifically, look for the part that says "The latest Android SDK introduced an additional parameter that is not yet supported by the PhoneGap integration kit within Dreamweaver. You can fix this by updating the build.xml file for the application insta

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,
Oct 30, 2011 Oct 30, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I should add that once the emulator is open, if I keep it open and run the build/emulate again, I get a message from Dreamweaver saying "Running app in android emulator" and then "The emulation of Testing has been completed successfully", but the app never does show up in the emulator...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 04, 2011 Nov 04, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem. It says it is successful, but I don't see the app on the emulator.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 04, 2011 Nov 04, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

cymbals - I found out the problem in my case. It might help you too, if you just recently downloaded and installed the newest Android SDK:

Check out this article:

http://www.tricedesigns.com/2011/11/01/building-phonegap-applications-with-dreamweaver/

Specifically, look for the part that says "The latest Android SDK introduced an additional parameter that is not yet supported by the PhoneGap integration kit within Dreamweaver. You can fix this by updating the build.xml file for the application instance to override the “install” target and add the required dependencies which make this error go away."

Follow Andrew's instructions and you should be good to go. Worked great for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 05, 2011 Nov 05, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Squiggy2,

I would love to say that fixed it for me, but changing the build xml didn't do it. At least it is one more thing taken care of.

Thanks anyway!

-Cymbals

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 09, 2011 Nov 09, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

update: Squiggy2 -

I am so relieved (and happy) now. I switched the AVD in the AVD Manager (Android Virtual Device Manager) to 2.3.3 API level 10, and the app got installed. Yay!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 09, 2011 Nov 09, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Good news!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines