Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

HELP Flash Player will No longer install :(

Nov 03, 2011 Nov 03, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a 64bit acer aspire 4741 laptop - Intel Core i5 CPU M 430 @ 2.27GHz 2.27GHz & 4GB Ram.

I have had flash player on it fine before, but it only works the 1st time it's downloaded as soon as I closed my laptop lid or shutdown, the plug in stopped working & I had to re-install it- a hassle but do-able.

I have sims 3 pets on it & it was working fine untill today when pets wouldnt open then crashed due to flash player not working (flash player worked fine for 2dys-which was a 1st & i thought that version had fixed the problem untill it wouldnt work today). I uninstalled flash player & tried to reinstall it again from the adobe site & this is what happens:

Click download

Click Save file - it downloads to downloads folder

double click flashplayer 11 installer\

dialog box with run comes up

Click Run, it closes

mouse icon shows processing circle for 10sec's then Nothing.............7 times this is what has happened!!!

There is no flash player installed at all - I installed flash player 10- the installer worked fine so think it's the fact my laptop is 0.03-0.06 GHz lower than required according to flash player 11's system requirements (figured this out AFTER deleting ALL flash players off of my system, so dont know what version of flash player I had yesterday!) & now cant play any games due to not being able to install flash player AT ALL- 10 didnt cut the mustard & pets along with a few other games wont open to play.

I have tried restarting my PC between installs- deleting all previous versions from my system (including from recycle bin)- All that seems to happen after clicking run is Adobe flash play installer shows up in task manager under running processes & I have to end it there inorder to try install flash player again other wise a dialog box saying only one instance of this can run at a time.

I need to know how to get flash player back on my system so I can use my computer & play my flippn games - I'm not a PC wizz, so basic & easy to follow would be good thanks lol  

UPDATE...

After all of the above I THINK I've managed to get it flash player 11 to install by going to http://www.adobe.com/software/flash/about/ & using the pop up message that appeared under the taskbar saying 'missing plug-in' & having that directly install it on to my laptop - it did crash twice while installing but I just waited it out & it started working again- will remove this update if the games & what not still wont work....fingers crossed.

Message was edited by: Amaunet

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Nov 05, 2011 Nov 05, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go through the following steps

1.Download it on the desktop by clicking on this link http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/

2.close all the application's and the browsers.

3.uninstall the old version before you download the latest version and make sure all the application's and the browser's must be closed.

4.click this link to uninstall for window's http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/141/tn_14157.html

5.clik this link to uninstall for Mac  http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/909/cpsid_90906.html

And then it will work fine trust me.......All the best

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Nov 05, 2011 Nov 05, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for that- that did not work, I dont know why as I had deleted adobe Flash player totally off of my system- every version of flash player right down to the icon (not even a search would bring anything up, so it was gone!) What ended up working was downloading it directly through the missing plug-in popup that appeared when I went onto the what version of flash player page

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 06, 2011 Nov 06, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have the same problem with my Asus P52F under windows 7 pro 64 bits.

Everytime i reboot my conputer i need to reinstall flash player.

The web page show "an error has occured with this directive", i can see that the latest version of the player is installed but it don't work's.

I try the solution given by SUNNYCHATLANI but the is still present 😞

Does anyone have the solution ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 08, 2011 Nov 08, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use the installer from http://forums.adobe.com/thread/909550

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank's but the problem is not resolved

Everytime i reboot my pc FP don't run correctly under IE and the windows desktop.

Erreur_Flash_Player.jpg

With Firefox, FP runs correctly without needed a reinstallation.

The problem is coming from the activex version under windows 7 64 bits.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 09, 2011 Nov 09, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My problem is not resolved

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to provide some details, e.g. after a reboot, is the Shockwave Flash Object still enabled, or disabled, or missing?  Is the ActiveX (OCX) still present in C:\Windows\system32\Macromed\Flash and C:\Windows\syswow64\Macromed\Flash ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 10, 2011 Nov 10, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After reboot the shockwave Flash Objet is still enabled.

In the folder C:\Windows\SysWOW64\Macromed\Flash there is these files :

Flash11c.ocx

FlashInstall.log

flashplayer.xpt

FlashUtil11c_ActiveX.dll

FlashUtil11c_ActiveX.exe

FlashUtil11c_Plugin.exe

NPSWF32.dll

In the folder C:\Windows\System32\Macromed\Flash there is these files :

Flash64_11_0_1.ocx

FlashInstall.log

FlashUtil64_11_0_1_ActiveX.dll

FlashUtil64_11_0_1_ActiveX.exe

FlashUtil64_11_0_1_Plugin.exe

NPSWF64_11_0_1.dll

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 10, 2011 Nov 10, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That looks all perfectly correct...

Can you see the Flash animation at http://www.adobe.com/software/flash/about/ (after the reboot)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 11, 2011 Nov 11, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, you can see on my message from 8 nov. that the site returns [an error occurred while processing this directive]

in the Version Information frame i have : You have version 11,0,1,152 installed

Erreur_Flash_Player.jpg

If i try this site with Firefox, the animation run correctly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 11, 2011 Nov 11, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry for that; yes, you already posted that information.

Just to make sure:

• on Internet Explorer, the Shockwave Flash object is enabled?
  • on Internet Explorer, ActiveX Filtering is disabled?

If both the above are true, can you try to install the latest Flash Player version 11.1.102.55?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 12, 2011 Nov 12, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
  • On Internet Explorer, the Shockwave Flash object is enabled
  • On Internet Explorer, ActiveX Filtering is disabled

I have the same problem with FP 11.1.102.55

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines