• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Chinese characters not shown correctly

Nov 10, 2011 Nov 10, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I am having a problem with Chinese characters being correctly copied from a Word document into a Premiere Pro CS5 title. I am working with a Master Collection CS5 64-Bit on Windows 7.

This is how the Chinese text  looks like in the Word document. Btw, the characters are correctly shown when being copied into Photoshop64bit. Just not when copied into my Premiere Pro title. So I guess my system has all the necessary tools available.

操作1 – 预换模

And this is how the text looks in my Premiere Pro title. Just that the two cubes are empty, only with the border.

操作1 – 

I couldn't find information on that in the help area.

No matter what the Chinese means, I don't speak Chinese.

Does anyone could give me a hint how to solve the problem? First choice recommendations warmly welcome 🙂 Only second choice would be creating a picture file and putting it in a videolayer. No good solution with many titles.

Thank you!

Oliver

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oliver,

The Titler is about the most font-sensitive program (or sub-program), that Adobe produces. It is more sensitive, than say Photoshop, Illustrator or InDesign, and those three programs are much more font-sensitive, than say a word processing program, like Word. It also needs for fonts to be 100% compatible, and not all are. Some will just not display in Titler, where they might in other programs.

The first thing that I would look into is the exact Chinese font that you have. If there is not a perfect, compatible free font, that is very, very similar, then I would look into one of the larger foundries, and buy something that is very close.

Another fix could be to just use Photoshop (you say that it handles the font properly), and create your Title there. Save that Image as a PSD, and Import that Still Image into PrPro to be used as a Title. With complex Titles, I often use a combo of PS and AI, and Save my creation as a PSD. PrPRo loves PSD's, and I have never had an issue.

As a side-note on fonts, I have found quite a few, and many are popular ones, that just flat will not display in PS, AI, InDesign or Titler - many versions of Isabelle and Isabella (do not know why two fonts with such similar names would both be problematic?), just will not display. One gets strings of squares, where most other programs handle and display them perfectly. It's all about the exact font.

Good luck,

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Hunt,

Didn't know about the sensitivity of the title tool.

I often do it with psd as well and then choose the layers to import. That will be probably the only way with the Chinese. It's just a bit of a longer way to have the work done.

Oliver

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to choose a good font. Try NSimSun.

chinese.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Greeeeaaaaat!!

that was the solution. NSimSun.

Whenever someone looks for it: I didn't find it in the alphabetical order but at the very end of the list "fonts" in the title tool.

Thank you so much!

Oliver

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad that Ann's Chinese font did the trick for you - great suggestion. Only reference for an Asian font, happened to have been the above mentioned Japanese font.

As for:

I didn't find it in the alphabetical order but at the very end of the list "fonts" in the title tool.

Many Adobe programs will group non-Roman fonts at the end of the font list. I see that in PS, AI and InDesign too.

Good luck,

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You are welcome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Though it goes way back, I helped a PS-user, trying to get her Japanese characters to display properly. In the end, we found a font, that gave her the look she needed, and DID display in PS. It was a commercial font, and we both went through a ton of free ones, with the same display issues. She went with KozGoPro, but I forget the particular foundary.

As for the PS "workaround," I think that might be the easiest way around the font issue. At least PS displays the particular font correctly, and the Layers in a PS PSD can be a godsend. I use those very often, especially when animating characters, or lines of Type. In one "handwriting, chalkboard" Title animation, I ended up with about 200 Layers, and PrPro handled those perfectly. I only wish that PS, and also PrPro's Titler had a Spell Check... 'cause I cannot spell things correctly!

Good luck, and happy editing in PS,

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines