• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Click box vs transparent button

Advocate ,
Nov 10, 2011 Nov 10, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Other than the physical differences in the active/inactive/pause point of a button, are there technical or workflow reasons that favor a click box over a transparent button?

I know a few people have passionately championed the under appreciated click box, but are there technical reasons to use one over the other? 

TOPICS
Getting started

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Andy,

A click box can have a right-click, a transparent button not. Click box has always its pausing point near the end of its timeline, contrary to the transparent button that will have an inactive part, which seems a bit illogical for a 'transparent', invisible button. I will seldom use a transparent button, also because it needs a lot more clicks.

Lieve

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks.

So it sounds like it's primarily related to the options available for each, and the workflow.

I'll admit I have a bad habit of using transparent button but I'm trying to break it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I joined Transparent Buttons Anonymous.

Took me 28 days, but I got there.  Now I don't even think about transparent buttons.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources