Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

How to load test ADEP server using the DataService - load-test-tool

Level 1

Hi Guys,

Is there a way to load test the ADEP server using the DataService. I'm trying to use the load-test-tool from Adobe, but I could only see the implementation for the Remoting and Messaging services, but not DataService for Data Management. I searched in internet for any example of this implementation using the "flex.data.DataService" (when uses the JAR files along with load-test-tool)

Thanks in advance,

George

8 Replies

Former Community Member

Can you give a bit more information on what you are trying to do? Specifically, are you using Data Services standalone, or as part of the CRX server, or as part of the Document Server? Also, are you trying to load test a Data Management destination?

Level 1

Am using ADEP Data Services standalone. I'm trying to load test a Data Management Destination in the ADEP Data Services (Not a RemoteObject or Messaging destination). Is this possible with the Load-Test-Tool from Adobe?

Employee

As Ajay said above, it is not currently possible to use the load testing tool for testing out Data Management Service.

Rohit

Level 1

Thanks Guys. Appreciate your help.

BTW, is Adobe working on this to make it available any time soon?

George

Level 1

Do you have any suggestion to load test the Data Managemet Service of ADEP Server? If this have to be used in an enterprise application, it has to go through all these tests, right? Data Managemnt What are the plans from Adobe to make this happen?

Employee

You can use DMS ActionScript API to develop your own tests in Flex.

Rohit

Level 1

Thanks Rohit.

But I'm afraid Flex based testing client may not be a great option to simulate 1000s of simultaneous clients. I guess the no. of flex clients that can be run simultaneously on a single machine is pretty limited when compared to Java based virtual clients.

Former Community Member

Load-Test-Tool doesn't support Data Management Service yet.