• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Roll-over images

Sep 12, 2006 Sep 12, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does RoboHelp support roll-over images?

I've tried every way to insert a roll-over image into my project, including editing the html page in dreamweaver but as soon as I open it up in RoboHelp and generate it the images either does not change or it is not visible.

Please advise...
Thanks,
Susy Carrillo

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Susy,

I don't know how Dreamweaver does it, but you might look here:

http://www.bluereef.net/support/extensions/cgi/JavaScript/ImageSource/imagesource.html

I wanted to require a click to replace the image, so I adapted this mouseover approach to work from the RH image map click instead.

The first image is in the topic. The replacement image is imported as baggage.

Harvey

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Assuming you are using a javascript such as Harvey suggests, are you including the javascript in the baggage files.

Always try things like this in a new project set up for the purpose. That avoids something else in your project getting in the way. With a clean topic and nothing else in it, the chances of getting it to work increase. Once you know it works, if it doesn't in your main project, you know some other issue is involved.

Post back how you get on.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Sep 13, 2006 Sep 13, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
You might take a look at Walter Zorn's free tooltip utility, a really neat onMouseover application that makes your tooltips look like popups, including the use of links within them.

You can use it for text links or in combination with image maps. So far, I'm using only the former, but I'll be using the latter for some new, complex C# screens in our next version release.

There are a few things that can trip you up, such as: all the HTML inside the Javascript area (the escape('Some text') portion) cannot have carriage returns; and certain characters must be escaped with a backslash (such as replacing double quotes with backslashed single quotes). However, it's all explained quite well on his site. You can control backgrounds, transparencies, images, placement, etc.

As Peter says, do all your testing in a scrub project before going live in the real one.

Good luck,
Leon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp