• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

FMS 4.5 logging bug? c-client-id not unique anymore

New Here ,
Nov 11, 2011 Nov 11, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We're having trouble compiling stats using FMS 4.5 because it appears as if c-client-id field in the logs is no longer unique on a per user/connection basis. As a matter of fact the same c-client-id stamps are being recorded for different users, from different countries, connecting to different vhosts on different days. As such our stats are completely off now. The c-client-id appeared to be unique in FMSS 3.5 and FMSS 4.0. Can someone from Adobe confirm this issue?

We're running FMIS 4.5 on Linux (CentOS).

Thank you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Advocate , Dec 07, 2011 Dec 07, 2011

Thanks for the details, lets take it offline as you suggested and investigate. Let me know how (or where ) i can PM.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 13, 2011 Nov 13, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for reporting this. I will let myself and my team check this..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Nov 16, 2011 Nov 16, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thanks for letting us know about the issue. I did try to reproduce the issue but could not find repetetions in the c-client-id field as such. Technically too, it is not supposed to be repeated until after 2^32 ids are exhausted. Can you please confirm how often are you observing this issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 06, 2011 Dec 06, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The issue continues to occur on a daily basis. I modified our stats tool to attach the user IP to the client id so it they're unique again. However the behavior continues I just checked the logs today. Pulled up a client id randmoly (i.e. 4702111234542092655), then searched the FMS vhost logs and the same client id is being reported in dozens of other vhosts. If you PM I can send you a copy of the logs or give you access to test and debug the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Dec 07, 2011 Dec 07, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the details, lets take it offline as you suggested and investigate. Let me know how (or where ) i can PM.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 10, 2013 Jul 10, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This issue continues to plague us. We are unable to properly generate reports due to it. Has Adobe invetigated the issue and is it resolved in AMS 5? It conitnues to persists in FMIS 4.5. client_id is simply not unique. The same id is used for different users in different vhosts on different dates.OS is CENTOS 5.9  64bit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 17, 2013 Jul 17, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anyone from Adobe able to send a reply about this? Last week I PM'ed Nikhil sample log files and a visual demo showing FMIS does not generate unique client id's. Still hoping someone will get back to me so we know how to proceed with our project..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 18, 2013 Jul 18, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Please consider filing a bug on AMS with the demo you prepared. Someone from the AMS team will check that out..

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 22, 2013 Jul 22, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

OK done. I also included a link to a video demo illustrating the problem. Hope to get an update soon..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines