• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to view an epub file in digital editions in SINGLE PAGE CONTINOUS mode?

Community Beginner ,
Nov 10, 2011 Nov 10, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

how can i get the full screen real-estate when viewing an epub? On my laptop which has a screen res of 1600x900 i can maximize the view to one page at a time, but when i do the same thing on my desktop or dock to my 24" monitor of resolution 1920x1080, digital editions insist to show me in 2-page side-by-side view. i have to make the digital editions window slightly smaller or expand the table of contents from the left side of the screen in order to make it 1 page layout.

and yes, i have clicked the increase text size button as much as i can, but it canot be clicked anymore)

ALSO......

why can't i just scroll continously like if i'm viewing a pdf? (i can only see one page at a time, from top to bottom, but if i flick my mouse wheel, it goes to the other page instantly and so on).

i am totally hating on this software right now. looking for any alternatives that can do said features above.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Enthusiast , Nov 11, 2011 Nov 11, 2011

Single column mode for ePub is possible but requires changing the content to include an appropriate Page Template (xpgt), which is far from a satisfying experience.

Continuous is not possible as ADE.  The closest you'll get with Adobe DRM content is either the Nook readers on devices (not the desktop version) or other RMSDK based readers such as Bluefire, which will typically animate the swipe gesture, so that you'll see the pages sliding left/right.

You might want to look at the browser plugins

Votes

Translate

Translate
Enthusiast ,
Nov 11, 2011 Nov 11, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Single column mode for ePub is possible but requires changing the content to include an appropriate Page Template (xpgt), which is far from a satisfying experience.

Continuous is not possible as ADE.  The closest you'll get with Adobe DRM content is either the Nook readers on devices (not the desktop version) or other RMSDK based readers such as Bluefire, which will typically animate the swipe gesture, so that you'll see the pages sliding left/right.

You might want to look at the browser plugins such as EPUBReader for Firefox to see if they are more to your liking.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the detailed response. I will look at EPUBReader for Firefox. However it does strike me as disappointing and puzzled that Adobe can't implement such simple things, and I don't see what DRM has to do with viewing a page at an other angle so to speak. Might end up getting the Kindle Fire or something, because I need to be able to bookmark and all that. The reason why i want to see a full page only at a time is because I don't see so well. And I find such a simple requirement utterly amazing to be missing from even a simple software. Hope that you could forward this to the adobe team for consideration.

thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>I don't see what DRM has to do with viewing a page at an other angle so to speak.

It has to do with your choice of Readers.  If the content is sold with DRM that works with ADE, then you have your choice of multiple readers (on the desktop - Sony Reader, B&N Nook, ADE... -, and many others on devices).

If the content is sold with DRM that works with Kindle, then your choice is limited to the Kindle readers

If the content is sold without DRM, then it will work in any Reader that supports the content type (EPUB/PDF/Mobi)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 12, 2011 Nov 12, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let's ease off on the coffee for a bit. Have you really answered why I atleast can't scroll through an ePub document in ADE? Know what i'm talking about? As I roll the mouse wheel, I would like to see the pages flow from bottom to top. Try it, with a pdf document and see.

In a pdf, it will scroll line by line or thereabout.

In an epub, it snaps to the next page (replacing my entire screen with new content).

Does DRM have anything to do with that, sir?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 12, 2011 Nov 12, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks like i've just answered my own question here. After searching around on the net desperately...

I've just switched to SONY Reader for PC. The software can show me a page in full-screen with just ONE PAGE at 1080p resolution, and I can increase the font size alot more. Also, It has history of what pages I read and so on. I am uninstalling this worthless software known as Adobe Digital Editions.

Everything about it is much faster too and doesn't feel like the flash spinoff that ADE is.

Sorry for bashing, but just speaking the truth.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 16, 2016 Jan 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is terrible. It says in Adobe site that it introduced continuous page view. But can't find it in the s/w ADE. How difficult it is to include that from the Adobe Reader ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines