• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

ActiveX control for Flash Player could not be registered - no solutions work

New Here ,
Nov 12, 2011 Nov 12, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am getting the "ActiveX control for Flash Player could not be registered" when I try to install 11 on IE9 (Windows 7 64-bit).  I have tried everything that has been suggested in other posts and forums to no avail.  This is driving me crazy and hindering me from work.  Can someone please help?  Thank you!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Deleted User
Nov 22, 2011 Nov 22, 2011

I just had this issue and have been searching and searching for a way to fix this issue. I have a Windows 7 64 bit system and this was happening with IE 9. But I have found the solution.

Go to http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/494/cpsid_49419.html and follow these instructions. This worked for my system and I was able top install the newest flash with no problems.

• Make sure you are logged into a Windows Administrator account. If you are not, you will not be able to use SubInACL.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is "everything" - SubInACL?  Anything else?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks so much for your reply.

Like I said I tried everything that has been suggested on Adobe forums, Windows forums and elsewhere. I've uninstalled, done mutliple reboots, then installed.  None of them worked. SubinACL didn't work but that's not surprising since there isn't even one key that even mentions Shockwave under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\ in my registry so I got nothing in the SubinACL output but "files could not be found".  And both my C:\Windows\System32\Macromed and C:\Windows\SysWOW64\Macromed files have nothing in them.  SubinACL did not report any errors.  I tried to do the manual settings on HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT and HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID but that did nothing, I'm sure for the same reasons. 

Flash Player installs quickly and easily on Firefox but, unfortunately, the program I need it for only runs in IE.

I'm not sure if this may provide any clues but when I close the program that needs Flash in IE I get a Windows Compatibility error window that says: "This program requires flash.ocx which is no longer included in this version of Windows".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The best tool to find what is preventing the ActiveX from being registered is Process Monitor, as in http://forums.adobe.com/thread/910774

Can you try to do the same?  (Make sure you use the full installer from http://forums.adobe.com/thread/909550, not the AIH installer.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 13, 2011 Nov 13, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think I did it right.  I saved the output in all three types (PML, CSV, XML) just in case but I cannot attach any of them to this post.  There is no "Attach File" button on the Advanced Editor and under the Forum FAQ it says you can't attach files. You can because you're special.   Please send me a PM with an email address I can send it to.  I assume you want the PML file which is 13,580 KB (the CSV is 4,603 KB and the XML is 9,896 KB).  Thanks again, so much, for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 13, 2011 Nov 13, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks!  I sent you a PM with my email address.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 14, 2011 Nov 14, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you; I have received the Procmon logfile.  However, so far I have been unable to find what is causing that message.

I will try to attach the logfile; possibly someone from the Adobe team could have a look at it.  (You need to have Process Monitor installed to view the logfile.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 15, 2011 Nov 15, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm thinking I might just reinstall Windows.  It would be nice to have evreything fresh and clean.  But it still would be nice to know what's causing this problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 18, 2011 Nov 18, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I went ahead and reinstalled Windows and, of course, the ActiveX Flash installed in seconds, so I'm good to go.  But that still leave the mystery...

Good luck to everyone who has this problem - seems there are a number of ways it can happen so some solutions work and some don't.

Thank you again, ʇɐb ɹəuəllıʍ, for all your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 19, 2011 Nov 19, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sorry you had to go through the trouble reinstalling Windows; I have been away busy with other things.

I still have your Procmon log file on my computer, and I will analyze it when I have some time.

Anyway, glad that Flash Player is now working for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 22, 2011 Nov 22, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I just had this issue and have been searching and searching for a way to fix this issue. I have a Windows 7 64 bit system and this was happening with IE 9. But I have found the solution.

Go to http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/494/cpsid_49419.html and follow these instructions. This worked for my system and I was able top install the newest flash with no problems.

• Make sure you are logged into a Windows Administrator account. If you are not, you will not be able to use SubInACL.
  • Follow the installation instructions. Make sure you install SubInACL (subinacl.exe) to the directory C:\Program Files\Windows Resource Kits\Tools.
  • Open the fp10.zip file and extract the reset_fp10.cmd file to the directory C:\Program Files\Windows Resource Kits\Tools\.
    Both this file and SubInACL (subinacl.exe) must be in this directory.
  • Double-click reset_fp10.cmd. A command window will open, and SubInACL will run.
    Do not use the machine while SubInACL is running.
  • After SubInACL finishes, you will see a prompt "Press any key to continue".
  • To confirm that your installation succeeded, visit the About Flash Player page. At the top of the screen, you should see a message that reads "Adobe Flash Player Successfully Installed."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines