• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Troubleshooting .net installation

New Here ,
Oct 07, 2011 Oct 07, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all, I have been having a lot of issues whilst trying to get .NET integration working on CF9. I have read through the other threads here but am still having issues. I'll take you through my problems and attempted solutions.

First of all, I tried to access a simple class function within a .dll but got the dreaded "Class xxx not found in the specified assembly list." error. Strangely enough this error went away after I rebooted my computer and the class function started working sort of. To try and get it working completely I uninstalled my .NET integration and reinstalled it using the latest download from Adobe.

After doing this I have tested the system I was using and am receiving the same "Class xxx not found in the specified assembly list." which was first not working then working now not working again. Then I decided to test the integration to see if it was working with System .dll's. So I used the following code:

<cfobject type=".NET" name="pingClass" class="System.Net.NetworkInformation.Ping">

<cfdump var="#pingClass#"/>

Which gives me an error screen, with no heading, saying:

coldfusion.runtime.dotnet.ProxyGenerationException at coldfusion.runtime.dotnet.ProxyGenerator._executeProxyGen(ProxyGenerator.java:192) at coldfusion.runtime.dotnet.ProxyGenerator.executeProxyGen(ProxyGenerator.java:149) at coldfusion.runtime.dotnet.ProxyGenerator.generateProxy(ProxyGenerator.java:118) at coldfusion.runtime.dotnet.Assembly.generateProxy(Assembly.java:299) at coldfusion.runtime.dotnet.Assembly.loadClass(Assembly.java:250) at coldfusion.runtime.dotnet.Assembly.loadClass(Assembly.java:225) at coldfusion.runtime.dotnet.DotNetProxyFactory.getProxy(DotNetProxyFactory.java:78)

and the error.log file shows me an error stating:

07/10/2011 12:57:33

.NET exception = System.Runtime.Remoting.RemotingException

.NET exception message = invalid response preamble

.NET-side stack trace =    at com.jnbridge.jnbproxy.JNBTcpTransportHelper.readPreamble(Stream stream, Boolean& isCompressed)

at com.jnbridge.jnbproxy.JNBTcpClientTransportSink.ProcessMessage(IMessage msg, ITransportHeaders requestHeaders, Stream requestStream, ITransportHeaders& responseHeaders, Stream& responseStream)

at com.jnbridge.jnbproxy.JNBBinaryClientFormatterSink.SyncProcessMessage(IMessage msg)

at com.jnbridge.jnbcore.FailoverProxy.Invoke(IMessage msg)

at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke(MessageData& msgData, Int32 type)

at com.jnbridge.jnbcore.IJNBDispatcher.construct(String className, String[] signature, Array args)

at com.jnbridge.jnbcore.ProxyJarFile..ctor(String name, Boolean is50Targeted)

at com.jnbridge.jnbproxy.JNBProxy.generateJavaProxies(String[] classes, Options options, AppDomain dotNetAssembliesAppDomain, Hashtable refValueMap)

at com.jnbridge.jnbproxy.JNBProxy.Main(String[] args)

I'm really at a loss for what to do now. I could use some advice BADLY. I just need someone who knows more than me on this. I would really appreciate it.

TOPICS
Advanced techniques

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 12, 2011 Nov 12, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same )or similar) problem. Just trying a test .NET application, with sample code I found here:

http://tutorial11.learncf.com/

Can anyone help ith this problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,
Nov 12, 2011 Nov 12, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do not know that I have an answer. But it would probably help to have a few more details

A)  Does the error occur with all .net classes or just that sample class?

B)  Did you download the sample dll or compile your own?

C) What is your of .net and CF are you running (full version number)? Was either upgraded recently?

-Leigh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 13, 2011 Nov 13, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sure thing...

A) I have never been able to get a .NET DLL to connect to Cold Fusion. I initially wrote the app I needed and had failures, so I restarted with the simple sample app.

B) All classes

C) 9.0.0.251028. I have tried using .NET frameworkk 2, 3.5 and 4. Same results each time. No upgrades as far as I can recall (this is  part-time work, so I'm not alwauys up on where the iinstallations are)

Thanks for the help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

9.0.0.251028. I have tried using .NET frameworkk 2, 3.5 and 4

I could be wrong, but I think CF9.0.1 is required for .net 4 support. So that might be part of the issue.  If you intend to upgrade to 9.0.1  (or just want to reinstall the .net services) I would recommend reading this entry: http://www.petefreitag.com/item/767.cfm

In particular:

#2  - Uninstalling/reinstalling the CF .net services

#3  - .. Make sure you install it to the same location as it was previously located

#5 - Clearing the generated proxy jars. 

... those steps solved some problems I was having after upgrading from .net 2 => 3.5.

One thing to watch out for with reinstalls is wrong port numbers. The installation should make a backup of \jnbridge folder as part of the process, but ... it would not hurt to make note of the original ports just in case:

http://blogs.adobe.com/vikaschandran/2010/12/22/how-to-resolve-error-dotnet-side-does-not-seem-to-be-running-with-coldfusion-901-on-windows/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes! that did it...installing 9.0.1 PLUS uninstalling and re-insatlling .NET services. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Glad to hear it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation