• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Script error when viewing two specific topics from application

Explorer ,
Nov 11, 2011 Nov 11, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are connecting a web help project to an application. We are getting the following rather non-descript scrip error when launching two of the help toics from the application.

script_error.png

Continued strange behavior is that we do not get this error if we launch the index_csh file from Window's explorer and navigate to the topic or launch the topic itself by clicking on the file itself. Any ideas? We have hooked up a .chm file in the past.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

What is the code on and around line 98 in the topics that produce the error?

Greet,

Willam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cool question William! Unfortunately, in the help topic there are only about 60 lines of code. This makes me wonder even more about this error.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 14, 2011 Nov 14, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Additional information - maybe this will help spark someone's thoughts! I noticed today that the topics where I am getting the script errors all have glossary hotspots in them. So, we are calling the webhelp from an application and on the ones where there are glossary hotspots, we get the error message. I do not get the error message when I open the help file via windows explorer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 14, 2011 Nov 14, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Do the errors disappear if you remove the hotspots?

You said:

So, we are calling the webhelp from an application and on the ones where there are glossary hotspots, we get the error message. I do not get the error message when I open the help file via windows explorer.

So you are saying the WebHelp is stored locally? Is the application the WebHelp supports stored locally too?

Does the same thing happen if you insert an expanding DHTML hotspot?

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

RoboHelp Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Begin learning RoboHelp HTML 7, 8 or 9 within the day!

Adobe Certified RoboHelp HTML Training

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 15, 2011 Nov 15, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your response Rick. The help files and software are installed locally. More investigation has produced additional information. So, what is happening is that the expanding text is not working. In the application I was getting a script error but in explorer it wasn't erroing but the expanding text link did not work. The developer has changed the code that calls the help so I am now getting the same behavior no matter how I view it. So, I am no longer getting the script error but the expanding text does not work.

The odd thing is that the project works fine when I compile it on my authoring machine using the command line compile or GUI compile but when it is compiled on our software build machine, via the command line compile, it is not working. Upon further investigation we have discovered that the ehlpdhmt.js file is missing in the compiled project done on the software build machine. When the developer copied this file into the webhelp directory on the build machine, the glossary hot spot links work.

Any idea why this file would not be included in the webhelp directory created by RoboHelp on the software build compile machine during the command line compile? It is the same project pulled from source control and put on the build machine so there are no differences in the project itself. I'm trying to figure out if something in the environment is causing this or what. It actually has this undesirable behavior on the software build machine and my developer's machine of not including the ehlpdhmt.js file in the compiled web help file. So, I don't know why my authoring environment seems to behaving nicely but these two othere environments are not.

I appreciate any ideas you can provide me with. We don't want to manually copy the file in - we want it to just be part of the webhelp directory upon compile.

Thanks,

Nita

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 16, 2011 Nov 16, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

A quick update in case anyone in the future runs into similar problems. So, the problems we were having with the script errors and glossary hot spots not working were due to the ehlpdhmt.js file missing from the webhelp folder (compiled webhelp project). This was only on the project that was compiled on the build machine with a command line compile. The perplexing issue was that on the authoring machine this file was being included in the webhelp folder. While investigating why this file was missing we discovered that it was missing from the root of the project in source control where the build machine was picking up the project to build it. So, apparently part of our check in process for SVN did not include that file and since that file is needed in order to be added to the webhelp folder, it was not being picked up. We have added it to source control and believe this will fix the issue.

Thank you so much Rick and William for your responses. This was an interesting case for sure.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp