Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Robohelp 9 and PointSec Security

Nov 14, 2011 Nov 14, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Recently PointSec was installed on my computer at work. After its installation, I opened one of our largest projects that is using the resource manager to link images and snippets. There are about 400 images and nearly 1000 snippets in the project. Prior to the installation, Robohelp would sync this project in about 3-4 minutes. After the installation, I tried to sync the project with the resource manager and it would not sync. It sat for nearly 30 minutes, and then Robohelp crashed.

Has anyone else encountered a problem where Robohelp didn't sync the project? I tried re-installing Robohelp, but that didn't work. I even got a new computer (has PointSec installed), but it also refuses to sync. Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Deleted User
Nov 16, 2011 Nov 16, 2011

It turns out it was not encrypting the drive. It was only installed. Once it was uninstalled, it worked fine, which is strange. There must be some issue with RoboHelp and PointSec software.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not familiar with PointSec, but if it's some sort of virus scanner, you might need to tell it to ignore your c:\projects\ folder (you do have your projects located there, don't you?)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Uhhh, nearly 1,000 snippets? How large is this project? That's an awful large number of snippets!

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

RoboHelp Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Begin learning RoboHelp HTML 7, 8 or 9 within the day!

Adobe Certified RoboHelp HTML Training

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's not a virus scan software. It's encryption software. And I can't do much with it (or about it).

That large project is only one of 15 projects that make up a larger final project. Even the smaller projects won't sync (sometimes a smaller one will, but it takes much longer than normal).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Aside from the shared content not syncing, are there any other operational issues?

Is the project on your local C drive?

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

RoboHelp Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Begin learning RoboHelp HTML 7, 8 or 9 within the day!

Adobe Certified RoboHelp HTML Training

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 15, 2011 Nov 15, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So it's encrypting the contents of your drive? If you can't turn it off or work in a place that's not encrypted, then you might be screwed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No other issues that I've noticed, but not syncing for me and colleagues is a major issue.

Yes, the projects are stored locally.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 16, 2011 Nov 16, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It turns out it was not encrypting the drive. It was only installed. Once it was uninstalled, it worked fine, which is strange. There must be some issue with RoboHelp and PointSec software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp