• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot launch debugger in CFBuilder 2

New Here ,
Nov 14, 2011 Nov 14, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have installed CF9 and CFBuilder 2 following the instructions in http://www.adobe.com/devnet/coldfusion/articles/setup_dev.htmlhttp://www.adobe.com/devnet/coldfusion....  (Multi Server setup using apache).  Everything seems to be working fine except I cannot get the debugger to work.  When I try to launch it I receive this error:

-1:Error connecting to JVM for debugging at localhost:5005.

Could not attach to the VM at port 5005

You must specify this debugger port in the JVM settings of your application server...

I read somewhere that I should edit my jvm.config file, but I don't know how to do this. Please help!

TOPICS
Builder

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 14, 2011 Nov 14, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I read somewhere that I should edit my jvm.config file, but I don't know how to do this. Please help!

OK, let's go step by step.  What part of editing the jvm.config file do you not know how to do?

You need to:

* find out where the file is

* what changes you need to make to the file

* make the changes

None of those seem too hard, do they?  Start with the first one... find the file.  Where is it?

--

Adam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 15, 2011 Nov 15, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

*the file is in my C:\JRUN4\bin directory.

*I attempted to copy/paste the following code in:

-Xdebug -Xrunjdwp:transport=dt_socket,server=y,suspend=n,address=5005

this was the sample code which displays in the CF Administrator Debugger settings page.

I took a wag and added it to the *arguments to VM* on the line just below the existing arguments.

*Save the file, restarted the server, didn't work.

OMG - this AM, added the code to the end of the the arguments line instead of starting a new line with it and presto - success!  Its true, everything looks better in the AM.

Thanks for your reply, Adam.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 15, 2011 Nov 15, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No probs.  It helps to break a problem down into smaller chunks before trying to tackle it sometimes.

--

Adam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation