Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Search tab not working

Nov 15, 2011 Nov 15, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Earlier today I submitted a question concerning a "Missing Project" problem; since then, further problems have arisen:

When I tried to compile the Main Project (into which about 40+ sub-projects have been merged), I got the following message:

"Your project file, xxxxx.Help.cpd, is corrupt and cannot be opened.  Try deleting this file and reopening the XPJ."

Following the advice given to someone else with a similar problem, I opted to rename the corrupted .cpd file and re-compile.  Of course, the Missing Project is still missing, and now the Search tab doesn't work.

For background:  The topics I was adding to the Missing Project had no special codes, links, graphics, etc. ... just text, so I don't see how the new topics would have been the problem.

We are almost at the point of going to the backed-up project and starting from Sunday's version, but we'd prefer not to; also, it wouldn't really address the problem, whatever it is.

thanks for any help...

Lon

P.S.  The Index tab isn't working, either...

P.P.S.  ... and when I try to open the MissingProject.chm file (Start->Explore->DirectoryFolder->MissingProject.chm), I get this message:  "Cannot open the file: mk:@MSITStore:xxxx.chm"

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Nov 16, 2011 Nov 16, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The "Missing Project" problem has been solved; however, the Search and Index tabs for the Main Project do not work.

any ideas?

thanks,

Lon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you say the search and index don't work, do you mean that the results do not include topics in the merged projects? If so, you may want to look at the path to the merged project CHMs in the projectname.hhp file. Open it in Notepad and look for the [MERGEDFILES] section. In there you should find a reference to your CHM and more than likely there is a path prefix. Remove the path and recompile.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I understood you correctly, you meant for me to go to the MainProject.hhp file ... so I did, and found no [MERGEDFILES] section; instead these are the sections in the .hhp file:

[OPTIONS] (several entries in this -- Compiled File, Title, Contents, etc.)

[WINDOWS]

[FILES] (lists the files that are in this particular project)

[ALIAS] (no idea what this is)

[MAP] (...or this)

[TEXT POPUPS] (...or this)

now what...?

thanks

Lon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 17, 2011 Nov 17, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Would it make any difference if I specified that I'm working with RoboHelp 6...?

thanx,

Lon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 17, 2011 Nov 17, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I visited Peter Grainge's website and thought I found what I was looking for: in Reverse Engineering, there is a topic titled "Index and TOC Lost"

One of the directions says to "Locate toc.hhc and index.hhk and rename them as yourproject.hhc andyourproject.hhk."

I seem to be missing toc.hhc and index.hhk.

the mystery continues...

Lon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 22, 2011 Nov 22, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The "toc" part of toc.hhc will be your project name. Same for the index.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp