Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash audio player does not work in Safari for Lion

Sep 21, 2011 Sep 21, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OS 10.7.1

Safari 5.1

Since updating to Lion the Flash audio player embedded on my radio station web pages and blogs does not play in Safari.

The Flash audio player works fine on all my web pages and blogs in the latest versions of Firefox, Google Chrome and AOL Desktop in Lion, as well as Firefox and Internet Explorer in Windows 7.

Does anyone know a fix for this issue with the Safari browser?

Here are pertinent links:

NOTE: The audio for my radio station will not play in any other audio player until after you first go to the default player page for the station server to activate for your IP here: http://siys.listen2myradio.com/

It should also be noted that this older Flash player on the default player page for the radio station does play fine in Safari.

After you have activated the radio station playback stream you can test the following pages:

Radio web page: http://nch01.fortunecity.com/siys.html

Blog web page: http://nightmarecityhalloween.blogspot.com/

My embedded Flash player is hosted here:

http://www.fileden.com/files/2009/5/14/2442263/player.swf

Thank you very much.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Sep 26, 2011 Sep 26, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi slys79,

I tested your web pages with both 10.7.2  and 10.6.8 but got different result:

On both 10.7.2 and 10.6.8, I got same result when tested  your web pages in Safari:

Radio web page: http://nch01.fortunecity.com/siys.html : The embedded player seems not working. No audio is played.

Blog web page: http://nightmarecityhalloween.blogspot.com/ : The embedded player seems not working. No audio is played.

My embedded Flash player is hosted here: : The embedded player seems not working. No audio is played.

http://www.fileden.com/files/2009/5/14/2442263/player.swf

May I know the following information from you?

1. What's the flash player version in which you see the problem? You can detect flash player version by opening http://www.adobe.com/software/flash/about/ in your browser. You will see 'You have version 10,x,xxx,x installed' message on that page if you have flash player installed.

2. As quoted below, you mentioned if go to the default player page to activate for IP, then your player works fine. I tried on this, but seems not work for me. Should I do some special steps besides just loading the page in my browser?

NOTE: The audio for my radio station will not play in any other audio player until after you first go to the default player page for the station server to activate for your IP here: http://siys.listen2myradio.com/

Thanks!

Yan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Yan,

Thank you for testing my pages and contacting me for additional information.

I had version 10,3,183,7 installed, but installed 10,3,183,7, however the Safari problem still exists.

Visiting the page http://siys.listen2myradio.com/ will activate the stream even if you don't clink the Flash player play button, however, the Flash player will not play in Safari on any of my web or blog pages with the Flash player I have embeded, even after activation, although the Flash player on the activation page will work in Safari.

Thank you, Stevo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Stevo,

Thanks for your timely response.

For the Radio web page: http://nch01.fortunecity.com/siys.html I saw an AS error#2032 when expanded the player in full screen mode.

For Blog web page: http://nightmarecityhalloween.blogspot.com/ : The embedded player doesn't work for all browser, (FF/Safari/Chrome), I also tried on windows and got the same result.

May I know your Mac machine's configuration? Like What's the Mac model? Graphic card and Audio Card information?

Have you seen this problem in previous version of flash player, like 10,3,183.x? Have you tried installing older versions of Flash Player and testing your website?

Thanks,

Yan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yan,

I have also seen the Error #2032. Reading up on it I learned it is difficult to diagnose.

This problem of the Flash player not playing in Safari began when I upgraded to Lion and I am not certain what version of Flash I had at that time, although I do try to keep up-to-date and installed Lion in mid to late July 2011.

I have not tried an earlier version of Flash. Is there a particular version you recommend I try?

Configuration:

Custom MacBook Pro 17

Processor:  2.8 GHz Intel Core i7

Graphics:  NVIDIA GeForce GT 330M 512 MB

Intel High Definition Audio: Audio ID:          71

Another issue, but you may wish to note:

The Flash player plugin crashes after approximately 4-8 hours of use and this problem goes back to Snow Leopard and still exists in Lion. This crashing issue is present in all my browsers (Safari, Firefox, Google Chrome and AOL Desktop).

Thank you, Stevo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Stevo,

Thank you for your continious support and all those information.

I'll try reproducing those problems you mentioned and get back to you when have any update.

BTW, if the crash you mentioned is 100% reproducible case, did you have the crash dump files saved on your machine? If so, that would be great if you could log a crash bug in our public bug base(bugbase.adobe.com😞

Here's a post that describes the information we'll need and instructions for generating a crash log:

How to report a crash with Flash Player

Thanks again!

Yan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Sep 27, 2011 Sep 27, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Yan,

Safari is the primary browser I use, however on the link you provided "How to report a crash with Flash player" there is no information for posting a bug report for Safari. I have started Firefox and Chrome, but it will be a number of hours before the Flash player crashes in those browsers for me to file a bug report from them.

The bug is absolutely reproducable, as the Flash player plugin always crashes after some hours of use. I'll post bug reports for both Firefox and Chrome as soon as it happens again.

Are there any instructions for posting a bug report for Safari?

Thank you, Stevo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Stevo,

Sorry that there's no instructions for safari.

The safari crash log is generated by the Mac OSX Crash Reporter. For information about this log and how to get the log, please refer to Apple Technical Note TN2123.

Thanks!

Yan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Yan,

I already made two bug reports this morning (Chris Campbell asked me to do this on Friday):

The first is ID 2985415

The second is titled "Flash Player Plugin Crashes on Mac" however after submitting it I received the message: "Thank you for submitting a bug. Due to security concerns, this bug will not be externally viewable." Why is that?

The Flash player plug-in crash bug report I filed was general for all browsers and I included a screen shot.

The Flash player plug-in in Firefox finally crashed, but did not generate any crash report. I have a screen shot of the crash notice, however there is no useful information or crash number. The Flash player plug-in in Chrome has still not crashed. If it generates a crash report I will post it.

Thank you very much,

Stevo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Stevo,

Because it's a crash bug, we would like to investigate on it internally for security concerns. For first one#2985415, it's not a crash bug, so you can read information in that bug.

But thank you very much for providing the bug title, I'll try finding it in our internal bug base. If we have any update on fixing the crash, I'll let you know.

Thanks for your patient and continious support!

Yan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Sep 28, 2011 Sep 28, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Yan,

Same thing with Chrome as Firefox. No crash report generated and no pertinent information is logged for the Flash player plug-in crash in Chrome, just a notification that it did crash.

Thank you, Stevo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 16, 2011 Nov 16, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi...

I read your post and really you have done a great job this is the best way to fix the flash player crash

error but i have somthing to recommend you to same fixing of error someone recommend me to visit http://www.shockwaveflashcrash.com this site when i visit this it attract me and i get this from this site its really good for my PC/

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 06, 2012 Mar 06, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I put in a trouble ticket for this isue last September 2011 and I was informed this problem had been replicated by Adobe techs and would be fixed in the next build. There have been three builds* since that time and the problem is still not resolved. The issue is worse than ever, with the last build, and the Flash plugin is now crashing even sooner than 8-9 hours.

* A new build came out right after the issue was replicated by Adobe techs and I was informed it would be fixed in the next build, so when I count three builds since then, I am not counting that first one.

Can I please get an update on this issue from an Adobe tech?

Thank you very much

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 07, 2012 Mar 07, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Audio issue is still in our database, currently set to Open/ToTrack.  It has not been assigned to a Flash Player release to be fixed at this time.  The quickest way to get this addressed is to have others affected by this bug vote and comment on your report.  Currently there are zero votes.

https://bugbase.adobe.com/index.cfm?event=bug&id=2985415

Thanks,

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 12, 2012 Apr 12, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do not specifiaclly no anyone with this issue to get them to vote, however Yuzhong Cao did indicate Adobe had reproduced the problem on 9 Oct 2011 in the bug report: https://bugbase.adobe.com/index.cfm?event=bug&id=2985415 , so I don't understand why this isse would not be fixed by now, as it is a known problem.

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, given a finite amount of resources we have to strike a balance when it comes to deciding which bugs will be fixed in upcoming releases.  Part of this process is determining the severity of a bug and how many users it impacts.  Bug votes help us gauge this number and allow us to see their feedback through comments.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the info Chris.

If no one votes, does this mean the bug will never be fixed or will it eventually be fixed> The frustrating part is I've been using the Flash audio player 24/7 since 2006 and it's only been the past year or so the plugin has been crashing, so it used to work fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I suspect what will happen is that it will continue to be under the radar since we haven't heard of this issue from anyone else.  Assuming this is your site, do you have any users that are also experiencing this?  If so, I'd definitely have them add their votes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Chris, I believe we have been refering to the wrong bug report. Here is the one that addresses the Flash plugin crashing after continuous use: https://bugbase.adobe.com/index.cfm?event=bug&id=2985436

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah ok.  It looks like we were unable to reproduce this crash, so the bug was closed.  Are you still getting this "plug-in failure" message with the latest version of Flash Player?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually, the bug was reproduced, but the confusion is I have discussed this issue in two posts and

Yuzhong Cao did indicate Adobe had reproduced the problem on 9 Oct 2011 in the bug report: https://bugbase.adobe.com/index.cfm?event=bug&id=2985415 , even though it should have been posted to: https://bugbase.adobe.com/index.cfm?event=bug&id=2985436 .

I have enclosed a screen shot from today showing the crash.

Thank you.Flash_Plugin_Crash_12_April_2012.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, so 2985415 is the active bug.  I just tried this out with Safari 5.1.5 and OS X 10.7.3 but couldn't reproduce it on my Macbook Pro.  It does appear that you have two different plugins here, Flash and Windows Media.  Are you sure it's not the Windows Media plugin that's not failing?  Have you seen these failures with any other Flash audio players (http://flowplayer.org/plugins/streaming/audio.html for example)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, Bug 2985415 is no longer a problem and was either resolved by Adobe or Safari long ago.

It's Bug 2985436 that is still not resolved.

Yes, I am absolutely certain it's the Flash plugin. WMP doesn't even work on my Mac and I have blocked it out with my Ad Blocker program, as is illustrated in the screen shot above — that the WMP is not present.

I use Flash audio players on my website too and anything Flash related, including Youtube videos and similar, all fail when the Flash plugin crashes.

The only way to witness the Flash plugin crashing is patience. It's difficult to say how long. Often it is around 8 to 9 hours, sometimes even longer. Other times it crashes within a few hours. The actual length of time until the crash occurs has always been intermittent, but it always eventually crashes sooner or later and has been doing so for at least a year or longer and as you can probably tell, it's driving me crazy!!!

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In our database, 2985436 is resolved as closed/could not reproduce.  If this consistently happens for you, I'd recommend opening another bug.  However, in our tests with 2985436 we were unable to repro the failure after viewing a 9 hour long video on youtube.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On 9 October 2011 Yuzhong Cao did inform me the crash was reproduced by Adobe and indicated it would be fixed in a future build, which so far has not happened.

Here is the message he sent me:

<<<

RE: [2985436] [Platform_Mac]Flash Player Plugin Crashes on Mac

To: stevoinyrstudio <email address removed for privacy>

Date: Sun, Oct 9, 2011 3:08 am

Hi Stevo,

I have reproduced the issue, however, it might not make our current release we will investigate this for a future build. I would appreciate that you can leave vote info about how this impacts your development and business, in case you running into it.

Thanks,

Yuzhong

>>>

The 9 hour video test you are referring too was from 7 October 2011, two days before the problem was finally reproduced by Adobe.

This problem has been consisitently happening multiple times every day for over a year.

If the only way to get this issue fixed is to repost another bug report, I will.

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines