• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adding a Topic Create and Last Modified date

New Here ,
Sep 14, 2006 Sep 14, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry this might have been a question that has been posted previously and answered but I couldn't find it.

For each topic in the help output file I would like to add the topic's create date and the last modified dated without having to manually type and retype the info each time as text. Is there an HTML command Robohelp command that can do this?

Thanks

Dave

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Dave and welcome to the forums. RH does have a facility whereby you can enter a date/time via the Insert | Field menu tiem. You could even add this to a topic template as part of a text string (e.g. last updated on date). The problem would be to automate this. You can automate it across the board but this wouldn't distinguise between just opening up a topic to review the content. I use a macro editor such as Macro Express to achieve what you want. If you don't want to buy such software you could enter template text such as "Last updated on" and then add the date via the Insert | FIeld | Date menu item each time a topic is created/edited.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Colum

I was actually hoping for something that would call up the modified and created date properties of the topic file itself. similar to the Word field CreateDate or LastModified. I can do this with Macro Express?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 15, 2006 Sep 15, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
In essence yes Macro Express can do this. It is essentially a tool to capture keystrokes, enter text strings, etc. What I have is a macro with two elements. The entered text is "Last updated on date" with the date being a macro express field just like Word's. The macro has a keyboard shortcut assigned to it so I only have to enter three characters (that's my choice) to complete the entire text string. You can download Macro Express and try it out before buying.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp