• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I too am having problems with Flash Player/Shockwave when I play Facebook games.

New Here ,
Aug 07, 2011 Aug 07, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My computer crashes repeatedly and I get the message pages are not responding do you want to stop, and/or shockwave is not responding do you want to stop. I have Windows XP Service Pack 3, I am having the same issues whether I use Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, or Mozilla Firefox. My HP Pavilion Desktop has 504 MB of Ram and I am using high speed internet connection. Because it was crashing so much, I used the uninstall program for Flash player to uninstall Flash, I checked my registry and removed anything I saw that was Flash. I then uninstalled Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox, then I reinstalled the most recent versions from their websites. I did the same for FlashPlayer and Shockwave Flash. I went to the Adobe website and had them check to see if it was working and it shows I have FlashPlayer 10.3.181.36. The page that shows  which version of flash player goes with Windows XP states that I should have 10.3.181.34 (This is what I thought I had before I updated, I was having the same problems). When I went into my computer to see what version I have, it shows 11.5.9.620 Activex and both Flash Player and Flash Player Object is listed as 10.3.181.34. My firewall for Windows is set to medium. I also am running Norton Internet Security. It takes anywhere from 3-6minutes for some of my games to load, and I have to refresh at least 3-4 times in order to play. When I do start to play it freezes frequently and I use escape to free it up. This has been going on for a month. I have no idea what to do. I am not very computer savy and I have been learning as I go.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 25, 2011 Oct 25, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ditto from the request above!  My computer has been like this for serveral weeks too.  I have had to completely stop playing some FB games because it would never load them.  It takes more than 30 minutes at a time to load games like Cityville etc. Then it says not responding, Shockwave flash box pops up, then Kill page pops up.  This goes on forever!!  It is very frustrating, CAN SOMEONE PLEASE HELP US?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To NCBec,

Are you using the latest flash player(11,0,1,152)?

Is the problem existing in all browsers?

Thansk!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 07, 2011 Nov 07, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having this problem too.  I upgraded to latest flash thinking that the problem was 10...., but here with 11,0,1,152.. same thing.  It is happening on all browsers on my Imac at home and one at work:  Firefox, Safari, and Chrome Google.  After short time 'up', browser processes start to lag.. I check the Activity Monitor and voila... real memory is showing Firefox Plugin Process (Shockwave Flash) at 500+ mb... Jiminey crickets... What is going on ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The latest flash player release is 11,0,1,152.

Can you upgrade to this version and see whether the crash stil exists?

Go to get.adobe.com/flashplayer to download and install flash player.

In case you need direct link to installer/uninstaller, please go to http://forums.adobe.com/message/3952360#3952360 to find them.

saranlee wrote:

My computer crashes repeatedly and I get the message pages are not responding do you want to stop, and/or shockwave is not responding do you want to stop. I have Windows XP Service Pack 3, I am having the same issues whether I use Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, or Mozilla Firefox. My HP Pavilion Desktop has 504 MB of Ram and I am using high speed internet connection. Because it was crashing so much, I used the uninstall program for Flash player to uninstall Flash, I checked my registry and removed anything I saw that was Flash. I then uninstalled Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox, then I reinstalled the most recent versions from their websites. I did the same for FlashPlayer and Shockwave Flash. I went to the Adobe website and had them check to see if it was working and it shows I have FlashPlayer 10.3.181.36. The page that shows  which version of flash player goes with Windows XP states that I should have 10.3.181.34 (This is what I thought I had before I updated, I was having the same problems). When I went into my computer to see what version I have, it shows 11.5.9.620 Activex and both Flash Player and Flash Player Object is listed as 10.3.181.34. My firewall for Windows is set to medium. I also am running Norton Internet Security. It takes anywhere from 3-6minutes for some of my games to load, and I have to refresh at least 3-4 times in order to play. When I do start to play it freezes frequently and I use escape to free it up. This has been going on for a month. I have no idea what to do. I am not very computer savy and I have been learning as I go.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 14, 2011 Nov 14, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also have the same problem but no one seams to be able to help. Ive updated it etc etc etc but it still freezes. It appears no one can resolve this

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 16, 2011 Nov 16, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am having same problem, running Windows 7, 64 bit.  Some games wont load at all and all youtube videos stop after about 8 seconds.  If I completely disable my Firewall everything works perfectly but cannot leave computer unprotected.  Therefore am presuming that the Firewall is not recognising Adobe Flash Player or is identifying it as a threat or intrusion but i cannot figure out how to get around the problem so if someone can please help, obviously a major glitch with flash!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines