• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Opening Robohelp 9 project in RBH version 8

New Here ,
Nov 16, 2011 Nov 16, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have found a low cost version of Robohelp 8 on the web. I have a project file that i created in the trial of RBH 9 will i be able to open it in the version 8 that i intend to buy?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No you won't. RoboHelp versions are not backwards compatible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Welcome to our community

I just tested and was a bit surprised as I created a project in RoboHelp 9, saved and closed, then opened it up in version 8 without issue.

After examining my settings, I found that I had the option to delete the .CPD upon opening enabled, so likely that had something to do with it.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

RoboHelp Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Begin learning RoboHelp HTML 7, 8 or 9 within the day!

Adobe Certified RoboHelp HTML Training

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 22, 2011 Nov 22, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

As Rick has indicated, if you delete the CPD you can open a RoboHelp 9 project in an earlier version. However, opening the project does not mean you can continue to work without problems, neither does it mean you cannot continue to work. It will depend on whether you have used anything that is RoboHelp 9 specific.

Be wary of low cost versions. They may be from a reputable supplier seeking to get rid of old boxed versions. They may also be from less reputable suppliers who include a number of "features" not normally part of RoboHelp!

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp