• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Question-How to fix Robohelp8 window keeps focus when it shouldn't?

Nov 16, 2011 Nov 16, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I converted a robohelp 8 for word project to robohelp 8 for HTML this year.  The software GUI it is part of is created with PowerBuilder 12.1.  The HTML help works fine in the application, except that once the help window is opened, only that window has focus. If you navigate to another GUI window and keep the help opened, it remains in the back which is correct.  If you navigate back to the original GUI window, the help window is "stuck" on top where it originally was, when it should be in the background.  The old robohelp for word doesn't have this problem.  I have checked all the window properties settings, and all are basic default values.  I do have the "remember size and position" option turned on, so that you can move the help window out of the way of the GUI, and then it works fine.  But my developers want the focus issue to be fixed.  It occurs both in XP and  Windows 7.  Is this something I can fix in robohelp?  Or is it a PowerBuilder issue?

I have another help project created with robohelp 8 html with same window properties & that one does not have this problem.  That GUI is created with Visual Studio 2008.

Thank you very much!!

Judy

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 16, 2011 Nov 16, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Judy

Likely you need to ask your developers to examine the calls for the application where things work as expected. My guess is that they will find there is a change they need to make in the way they call the help. There really isn't much in RoboHelp that influences this behavior. You can look at the extended properties for the window, but I'm doubtful you will find that anything has been set that would cause it.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

RoboHelp Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Begin learning RoboHelp HTML 7, 8 or 9 within the day!

Adobe Certified RoboHelp HTML Training

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp