• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Customized Buttons Question

New Here ,
Sep 14, 2006 Sep 14, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to add a button that points to another Robohelp master project located on the user's C: drive (and open in new window).

I attempted <a href=file:///C:\(path)\project.chm target=new> in the window properties> advanced... etc.

As soon as I compiled the project, it locked everything. I eventually managed to remove the command from the button (at 100% CPU usage) but the complied "new window" would not end task and I had to do a hard shut down.

I would really like to find a way to make the customized button a shortcut to open a different chm project, but I need to know how this is done. I realized later that this function specifically requests a URL... but I would like to have a button rather than a link.

Can anyone help? Thanks in advance.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

side note: If I can get the shortcut to work, I would like to also open other application shortcuts with the buttons...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Hi Lane42,

What you need here is a Shortcut control. When you insert it use hh.exe as the program and your external .chm as a parameter. In the True Code view you should have:

<OBJECT CLASSID="clsid:ADB880A6-D8FF-11CF-9377-00AA003B7A11" ID="Shortcut" >
<PARAM NAME="Command" VALUE="Shortcut">
<PARAM NAME="Button" VALUE="ButtonText">
<PARAM NAME="Font" VALUE="MS Sans Serif,8,0,,">
<PARAM NAME="Item1" VALUE=",hh.exe,C:/path/filename.chm::/topicname.htm"></OBJECT>

There may be a few other items in the OBJECT tag and of course your button text and filenames will differ.

John

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp