• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

flash player 11.102.55 not installing

New Here ,
Nov 15, 2011 Nov 15, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok so I see that there's a new flash player and i have multi issues.  I have windows xp pro sp3. When I download the new flash player for Internet explorer and hit run it installs fine. However when i check to see the version, the version has not updated. I have 11.0.1.152. It says on all sites that I still have the same version? And second on firefox when say i want the lastest version  for firefoxit shows me a older version number 10.3.183.11.It also does the same thing on mozolli site. but i just say i want to update to a newer verion it shows me the newer version. Is this a bug? I tried to update IE three times but used system restore. What's up with this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 15, 2011 Nov 15, 2011

Ok, lets see if we can clean your installs up and try again.  Assuming you are running the 32 bit version of XP, here are steps to try:

1. Download the stand alone uninstaller

2. Close all your browser windows

3. Run the uninstaller

4. Restart your computer

5. Delete the following folder:

• c:\windows\system32\macromed

6. Download and install Flash Player located here:

Thanks,

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok i should have done more research before posting.I have windows xp pro sp3. This is what is going on. I have flash version 11.0.1.152 installed in my browsers.There is a vulnerability in It and flash says to upgrade to version 11.1.102.55. So first i tried to upgrade internet explorer. I did a system restore before incase and when i installed it the installed the flash player it seemed fine but in checking it did not upgrade to the next version. So tried it three times  and turning off my antivirus did not help. So for internet explorer i'm stuck. Next i tried to update firefox and the flash site takes me to a older version 10.3.183.11. However when i check my flash version with firefox  below it there are all the new versions and it says that 11.1.102.55 is the upgade for firefox? I have opera also so i could try to upgrade opera and they use the same flash player but is there a defect in this version? CONFUSED.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, lets see if we can clean your installs up and try again.  Assuming you are running the 32 bit version of XP, here are steps to try:

1. Download the stand alone uninstaller

2. Close all your browser windows

3. Run the uninstaller

4. Restart your computer

5. Delete the following folder:

• c:\windows\system32\macromed

6. Download and install Flash Player located here:

Thanks,

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do not quite understand why you did a System Restore; can you explain?

If Chris' instructions above do not help, can you post the contents of the FlashInstall.log file from C:\Windows\system32\Macromed\Flash ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 16, 2011 Nov 16, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Chris this is what i did and I'm fine. First i always set up a restore point so that if what i'm doing doesn't work i can go back and try again. I live by that rule. So anyway I'm very nervous about uninstaling flash using the flash uninstaller. It's just me so i will try some things before. All I did was to use the links that chris provided and the installs went fine. Why? I don't know. I had to down load the flash player with opera and it also installed in firefox so that weird problem fixed. And then i did internet explorer. It's all good THANKS MUCH. Or untill another update happens when they find out there are flaws in this version. really happy with the support.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 16, 2011 Nov 16, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for letting us know it helped!  Please stop on by any time you run into problems.

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 17, 2011 Nov 17, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Firefox will not allow download.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 17, 2011 Nov 17, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nyitai,

What URL are you using to download from?  What error messages do you get?

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 19, 2011 Nov 19, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Nyitai Gabor wrote:

Firefox will not allow download.

Please start your own topic and provide all details.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines